Mixes & premixes
Out of an ongoing concern for adapting to current consumer trends, Lesaffre has perfected a comprehensive line of delectable mixes, premixes and bread improvers for professional bread-makers. These ready-to-use solutions allow bakers to prepare a broad selection of breads and Viennese baked goods with unique textures and tastes, developed from creative, easy-to-produce recipes.
Mixes and premixes for breads with unique textures and flavors
Our mixes and premixes generally contain portions of flour, grains and improvers, to which other baking ingredients like sugar, powdered milk and fats are added. Our formulas are developed according to the selected flour bases (hard wheat, rye, soft wheat, etc.) and the desired technological and sensory characteristics.
These mixes and premixes vary by dosage:
- Our premixes vary from a 5% to 60% flour base, which the user then supplements with additional flour, yeast and water;
- Our mixes are complete blends of all the recipe’s ingredients, with the exception of yeast and water, which are added during kneading.
Bakers: artisans and artists
Our mixes and premixes guarantee successful recipes, from the simplest to the most elaborate. This allows bakers to give free rein to their imaginations, while at the same time satisfying consumers’ changing expectations. Thanks to these preparations, artisan bakers become true artists and can selectively create all types of original breads, to the delight of their customers.
Lesaffre’s range of mixes and premixes includes several product families:
- Breads & specialty breads to adapt to each country’s – and each customer’s – specific demands: baguettes, buns, sandwich breads, etc.;
- Viennese baked goods and sweet specialties: croissants, donuts, brioches, and so on;
- Health and wellness products: farmhouse breads, hard wheat breads and multi-grain breads, as well as low-sodium and gluten-free breads, etc.
Convenience, performance and safety in the service of bakers
Thanks to their technical performance characteristics, our mixes and premixes endow their end products with great regularity. They allow bakers to optimize their working time, avoid errors in measurement and obtain uniform, high-quality finished goods. They simplify the management of raw material inventory by reducing the number of baking ingredients, resulting in streamlined order fulfillment and handling.
- Quality and regularity : Lesaffre’s mixes and premixes follow strict specifications. Our raw ingredients are chosen and inspected according to specifications that guarantee optimal food safety. Special care is given to formulas that adapt to production constraints and needs, while still respecting the purest baking traditions.
- Easy-to-use : Using mixes and premixes saves bakers time by reducing the number weighing tasks they must perform and the time it takes to make their breads. It limits the risk of error by eliminating the more delicate operations associated with traditional bread-making methods.
- Customization : While adapting to local preferences, our mixes and premixes also give full expression to craft bakers, who can use them to create their own recipes. These ready-to-use mixes allow professionals to adapt to changes in demand and create completely new taste experiences.
- Profitability : Lesaffre’s mixes and premixes are quick and easy-to-use, generating considerable time savings and simplifying production cost control.