Instant dry yeast
Launched by Lesaffre in 1973, instant dry yeast marked a major advance, eliminating the constraints associated with rehydrating active dry yeast while, at the same, increasing fermentation power by 30-40%. Industrial and craft bakers value this yeast as it is so easy-to-use and has such a long shelf life.
Benefits of the Instant dry yeast
Vacuum-packed in the form of thin “noodles,” instant dry yeast boasts numerous advantages:
- it can be added directly to the mixer, with no prior rehydration required;
- it requires a dose that is three times less than that of compressed yeast;
- its vacuum packaging boosts the stability of its fermentation power and eliminates any risk of outside contamination.
- Several packaging formats are available: 500 g packets and 5 to 25 kg poches.
- For home use, Lesaffre offers small packages (5-125 g).
- For industrial use, Lesaffre offers appropriate packaging options, e.g. big bags.
Learn more about instant dry yeast and its uses
- After opening the packet, instant dry yeast must be used within 48 hours, or else resealed and stored in the refrigerator for use within eight days.
- Instant dry yeast must not come into contact with ice or ice water.
- Lesaffre has developed an instant dry yeast that was specifically designed for pizza-making (Saf-Pizza), which offers major advantages during the production process, making dough easier to roll out and pizza bases easier to shape, without any shrinkage.
- The packaging of instant dry yeast in vacuum packs guarantee’s the product’s stability at room temperature, until the date marked on its wrapper.