Discover Lesaffre yeasts brands
Frozen semi dry yeast (FSDY)
In line with dietary habits and technological progress, frozen production has made considerable leaps and bounds in recent decades. The difference in baking times and its quality once worked again are sources of potential issues for bread-making professionals. With our frozen semi-dry yeast, Lesaffre offers a solution dedicated to deep-freezing that combines the benefits of dry yeast with the performance of compressed yeast. It is suitable for use in any bread-making process and for frozen raw dough.
This ready-to-use frozen semi-dry yeast comes in the form of dry, frozen “noodles” and offers real technical benefits:
- direct incorporation into the flour, with no thawing required;
- stable fermentation power over long periods of time and in frozen dough;
- resistant to the thermal shock of deep-freezing;
- relaunch of fermentation in line with the unique features of frozen raw processes.
Our frozen semi-dry yeast comes in two quality levels (standard and osmotolerant for sweet doughs). Several packaging formats are available:
- 3.5 kg bags or 14 kg poches for industrial clients, and 400 g Tetra Rex® carton packages for craft bakers and the food service industry in pursuit of results, hygiene and precision
Learn more about frozen yeast (FSDY) and its uses
- Frozen semi-dry yeast allows dough to be conserved for more than three months (at a constant -18°C) and is particularly useful for seasonal products and use in frozen raw dough.
- When stored at -18°C, frozen semi-dry yeast retains all of its properties for a full two years.