Our jobs in business development
As the dedicated points of contact for our intermediary and end clients, our sales and marketing teams apply their expertise in the service of all of Lesaffre’s business lines. With in-depth knowledge of the different features of their markets and territories, they have a broad scope of action: managing the top distribution channels, developing technical and commercial materials for distributors and sales forces, managing client portfolios and key accounts, implementing new business models, developing partnerships, and more.
Example: Bread-Making Research and Project Manager, Western Europe, at Lesaffre
The Research and Project Manager’s main mission is to conduct marketing and economic studies of the market for yeasts, improvers, finished goods, etc. This key staff member drives the innovative process and fosters synergism and interactions between our subsidiaries in the relevant zone. The RPM coordinates project teams to achieve the launch of a product that meets the market’s needs.
In terms of market studies, your primary duty is to identify the needs of the different subsidiaries. You ensure those needs are met, working along with other departments at Lesaffre International as well as external contributors. Active monitoring is performed through working meetings with sales directors, your participation in trade fairs and thematic conferences, etc.
In terms of project steering, you create a calendar based on the objectives set by your Area General Manager. You organize the project team’s work (meetings, on-time completion, budget management, etc.), define the project’s monitoring indicators in advance and ensure that they have been met. You produce global reports for the relevant in-house personnel.
- You hold a postgraduate degree in Engineering
- Attracted to innovation in the food industry sector
- Leadership skills: organizing and motivating a team, empowering your employees and encouraging individual and collective initiatives
- Adaptability allowing you to respond quickly to new requests and any unforeseen events affecting your projects
- Ability to make decisions based on expert advice and to take responsibility for their consequences