Our R&D jobs
Research & Development has always been one of the spearheads of Lesaffre’s innovation strategy. Each year, the group makes significant investments in this area.
From lab testing to on-site industrial trials, we design new and innovative products and services to meet the needs of a constantly evolving international market.
We rely on the multidisciplinary skills of experts in genetics, microbiology, chemistry, fermentation, industrialization and more, all of whom are united around a twofold goal: providing added value to our clients’ production facilities and satisfying the changing expectations of consumers from all around the world.
Example: Research & Development Project Manager (Yeasts, Nutrition and Health) at Lesaffre
With a grasp on the fields of genetics, fermentation, production processes, and so on, the Research & Development Manager runs product development projects that are in line with Lesaffre’s strategy for yeasts, health and nutrition. The RDM acts as a technical expert, supporting our clients from the design phase through to industrial transfer.
As the manager of research and development projects, your expertise enables you to implement effective work techniques, to help our production sites and our clients. In the performance of your duties, your managerial nature will be an asset when it comes to supervising and leading your team. You communicate information that is useful to fulfill tasks and give the project every opportunity for success.
You maintain the motivation of the project team by encouraging dialogue and fostering a quality work environment. You provide the organizational, technical and human support needed to attain the expected performance levels, while helping your employees to go forward.
- You hold a postgraduate degree in Engineering; doctorate required for certain positions
- Complete mastery of technical English
- High degree of scientific curiosity, allowing you to grasp the special features of the yeast business, and specific knowledge of the field to which you are attached
- Critical mind with the ability to analyze and interpret results; familiarity with computer-managed statistics
- Managerial and collaborative skills