Lesaffre publishes its gender equality index in accordance with the “Professional Future” law of 05 September 2018. This index on a scale of 100 points is based on five indicators established by the government and aims to promote professional equality between women and men.
Given their workforce of more than 50 employees, 7 French entities are concerned by the publication of their professional equality index in March 2020.
For each entity in France :
- Biospringer, specialized in yeast ingredients of natural origin (yeast extracts, dry yeast, natural flavors…) for the food industry, based in Maisons-Alfort (94), obtained an index of 74 out of 100.
- S.I. Lesaffre (Société Industrielle Lesaffre), the Group’s first plant, based in Marcq-en-Barœul (59), obtained an index of 84 out of 100.
- LIS by Lesaffre specialising in drying solutions for food ingredients, based in Cérences (50), obtained an index of 80 out of 100.
- Lesaffre International, based in Marcq-en-Barœul (59), obtained an index of 78 out of 100.
- Société Industrielle FALA (SILFALA), based in Strasbourg (67), obtained an index of 51 out of 100 due to an economic measure to increase the salary of a company department composed exclusively of men.
- Ennolys specialized in natural flavours based in Soustons (40) obtained an index of 99 out of 100.
- Lesaffre Culinary Strasbourg based in Strasbourg (67) is unable to obtain a calculable index with the proposed methodology
For the 6 entities for which the index is calculable, the average of the indexes is 77.7 out of 100 for the year 2019.
Gender equality is a long-term commitment of the Group.
Building on the lessons learned from these indicators, Lesaffre is determined to pursue its continuous improvement approach and is convinced that performance is based on its social policy and the quality of life at work. All entities will continue their deployment plan in favour of gender equality in the workplace.