- Job area
- Applied sciences
- Singapore, Singapore
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- 3 to 5 years
- To lead the Sensory Laboratory Operation including training of expert panelists, planning and conducting sensory tests.
- To support sensory lab installation.
- To process statistical data including interpretation of the results.
- Talk to clients about sensory analysis techniques and resulting data.
- To assist in new product development and improvement of existing product.
- To prepare food samples for sensory evaluation.
- To prepare test reports after each test, which could be including pH, TTA, volumetric, texture analysis, shelf life etc.
- Ensure that test as assigned are performed in a timely manner in accordance with the corporate procedure.
- Give accurate feedback on the significance of test results.
- To maintain laboratory equipment and instruments in good working conditions and to be responsible for the housekeeping of the test/sensory laboratory.
- To manage incoming and outgoing samples when required.
- To perform ad-hoc duties assigned by the superior.
- Training will be provided.
- Knowledge and demonstrated interest in sensory research.
- At least few years of experience in Food Industry.
- Showed ability to explain complex/technical concepts to other staff members.
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques or baking bases to assimilate quickly and / or Knowledge of bread-baking process (raw materials – manufacturing processes – applications) of the APAC Region.
- Experience in product development, improving existing products and creating new products. Ideally around Food Ingredients.
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Client service oriented, motivation for hands on trials.
- Ability to lead trained panels and manage employee taste testing events.
- Rigor, dexterity, curiosity, self-critical and self-criticism, ability to work in teams on transversal projects, strong sense of confidentiality.
- Summarizing and reporting capacity
- Aptitude for mathematics and statistics is required.
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre (www.lesaffre.com), with a €2 billion turnover, and established on all continents, counts 10,700 employees and more than 85 nationalities.
On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners, customers, and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness, and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
As part of its development plan in Asia-Pacific, Lesaffre Yeast and Baking Solution, based in Singapore, is looking for a Food Technologist – Sensory & Ingredients NPD to provide support to its team in Asia Pacific.
This position reports to the Regional Formulator NPD.