The Denain plant
In Denain, we will produce chondroitin, a recognised solution for reducing joint pain and strengthening joint cartilage, thanks to a natural fermentation process.
A unique industrial process
A capacity of 240 tons/year
+100 direct and indirect jobs
Denain is tomorrow
START OF PRODUCTION
- Citizen involvement in the rehabilitation of an industrial site
- The desire to reindustrialise the Hainaut region
- The spirit of co-construction maintained with Denain town council and the State services
- Lesaffre’s attachment to its historical roots in Hauts-de-France
- The regional sector of excellence in terms of industry and training
A fourfold challenge
- A public health issue: joint health in a population ageing context
- An economic issue: the recruitment and training of specialised technicians and engineers
- An environmental issue: a product obtained by natural fermentation
- A societal issue: the replacement of current animal extractions
The benefits of chondroitin
Chondroitin contributes to the formation and maintenance of joint tissue
Chondroitin prevents joint pain
Chondroitin improves joint comfort and flexibility
The only chondroitin on the market derived from fermentation
Chondroitin made in Denain
Production by fermentation of
Biosourced, respecting biodiversity
High level of purity and bioavailability
derived from the natural process of fermentation
Gnosis By lesaffre
Gnosis by Lesaffre explores the infinite potential of micro-organisms and fermentation to design nutritional actives, prebiotics, probiotics, and nutritional yeasts.
Gnosis offers a more natural and responsible alternative to the nutraceutical and pharmaceutical players.
We explore life at the microscopic level and offer solutions validated by extensive clinical studies, meeting rigorous quality and regulatory standards to support human health on a daily basis.