- Domaine d'activité
- Sciences appliquées
- Singapore, Singapore
- Type de contrat
- Permanent Contract
- 1 to 3 years
Description de l'offre
The Baking Technician works in the department « Product Development and Lab Testing ».
Key responsibilities and Activities:
Lab testing and technical support:
- Daily baking tests and reporting (individual or group on yeast products, bread improvers, sourdough and recommended product range and their implementation).
- Technical assistance, support training and product presentation.
- Collection and reporting of technical market information (positioning of competitors, trends and changing customer needs.).
- Inventory control of stock, handing of samples to support market.
- Maintaining the laboratory equipment and cleanliness.
Product development and Application:
- Identifying customer needs and positioning competition.
- Application of yeasts, improvers, sourdough and research on the optimization of their implementation.
- Product data sheet preparation.
- Validation of products before marketing.
- Benchmarking with Group R&D department and other baking centre.
- Experience and knowledge of bread-baking process (raw materials – manufacturing processes – applications).
- Precision and good understanding of experimental design for baking tests.
- Summarizing and reporting capacity in a timely manner.
- Experience in Analytical Laboratory and/or development at least through relevant studies.
- Flexible with good communication skills (listening skills, good oral expression, ability to convince / train).
- Teamwork but also independence in the management of daily operations.
- Availability to work flexible schedule.
- Curiosity, integrity, confidentiality and rigor in work.
- Fluent English communication.
- IT savvy.
- Physically fit for hands-on baking tests.
- Min Diploma in Food Science.
Description de l'entreprise
Lesaffre is a French multinational which has more than 160 years of history, and is a global key player in yeasts and fermentation. The Company designs, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for Baking, Food taste & pleasure, Health Care and Biotechnology. Its Business Unit Biospringer benefits from the expertise of its parent company, Lesaffre, which has unique technical skills thoroughly mastered, and which enjoys top-level expertise in the production, fermentation and transformation of yeast in all its forms. Lesaffre employs over 10 000 employees across all 5 continents.