- Domaine d'activité
- Recherche & Développement
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Type de contrat
- Internship - Stage
Description de l'offre
The Computational Biology team at Lesaffre is looking for an intern Computational Biologist for a duration of six months starting in January 2024.
As an intern Computational Biologist, you will work closely with the team from R&D to design, develop and execute computational tools and workflows to enable the successful engineering of microbial strains using synthetic biology methodologies.
- Understand and evaluate the performances of existing tools to automate the generation of heterologous pathways using retrosynthesis.
- Develop Lesaffre’s pipeline for generating heterologous pathways
- Propose and evaluate new pathways for producing interesting compounds
- Contribute to the research of other projects as needed.
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree in computational biology, bioinformatics, or related fields.
- Strong computer programming skills.
- Knowledge of synthetic biology, metabolic engineering, and protein engineering.
- Experience in the use of software and tools for genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics data analysis.
- Familiarity with Python programming language
- Familiarity with constraint-based modeling frameworks such as cobrapy
- Experience with pathway design and simulation tools such as RetroPath.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with project management tools and methodologies.
The position is open for a duration of 6 months starting from January 2024.
Description de l'entreprise
As a global key player in yeasts and fermentation, Lesaffre designs, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for Baking, Food taste & pleasure, Health care and Biotechnology. Born in northern France in 1853, Lesaffre is now a multi-national and multicultural company committed to working with confidence towards better nourishing and protecting the planet. Lesaffre is well-positioned to nourish 9B people by 2050 by making the most of planet resources. Its capabilities to explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms, as well as its leading fermentation knowledge bring Lesaffre as one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
In close collaboration with its clients and partners, Lesaffre employs 11,000 people in nearly 80 subsidiaries based in +50 countries. Lesaffre achieves a turnover of 2.7 billion euros.