- Domaine d'activité
- Recherche & Développement
- Maisons-Alfort, France
- Type de contrat
- Permanent Contract
Description de l'offre
To support the launch of the new Cosmetics business hosted by the Business Unit Biospringer by Lesaffre, we are looking to recruit an Innovation Manager.
Reporting to the Cosmetics Business Development Director and member of its leadership team, the incumbent will lead the innovation strategy to create and develop a portfolio of new raw materials (actives and functionals) for the Cosmetic industry.
At Maisons-Alfort, he/she will build a formulation lab and manage directly a new team of 4 people to be recruited. In addition, he/she will manage functionnally the Cosmetics team that will be recruited at Marcq-en-Baroeul within the Lesaffre Institute of Science and Technology.
He/she will build the Cosmetics pipeline of projects from the ideation to the launch, including supervision and coordination of all development phases.
1. Expand and manage the cosmetic raw materials portfolio
- Create Lesaffre portfolio of new cosmetic raw materials (actives and functionals) capitalizing on Lesaffre technical area of differentiation and strengths
- Pilot the various R&D steps to bring the portfolio to life by coordinating and animating the team allocated to the cosmetic science in the various R&D centers of expertise
- Put in place the tools (New Product Development tracking, KPI, etc…) to manage progress of the innovation pipeline
- Implement specific methods within Lesaffre R&D required/ adapted to the cosmetic expectations
2. Manage the clinical program
- Coordinate with the R&D Director Nutrition, Microbiota and Health the pre-clinical program (internal and with external providers)
- Organize the clinical program with external CRO with cosmetic know-how while capitalizing on Lesaffre R&D competencies and partnerships in clinical testing; manage the clinical scientist
3. Coordinate with all internal stakeholders the required steps for the launch of new Cosmetics raw materials:
- Coordinate with the Regulatory and Toxicology team the prerequisite for cosmetic market and ensure that the various players will deliver their contribution
- Coordinate with the Downstream Process leader to move forward the scale-up steps
- Contribute to the raw material specifications with the Quality team
- Track the CSR parameters of the raw materials portfolio with support of Quality / CSR Team
- Ensure the IP protection of the new raw materials at the right time in the project
- Support the Cosmetic Marketing leader with the scientific data required to prepare the Marketing and commercial files – Participate when appropriate to the scientific meetings with clients and to Cosmetic fares.
- Monitor cosmetic ingredient trends, keep up to date on new ingredients benefits, process and be able to benchmark Lesaffre portfolio.
- Work in a cross-functional team and closely with Marketing to set product direction, establish priorities, and recommend new development ideas
- Will be involved to evaluate new partners or potential acquisition from a scientific point of view
PhD in chemical engineering, chemistry, microbiology, or biology.
- At least 15 years’ experience in Cosmetics R&D with overall project management (beyond pure science) in an international environment
- At least 5 years in a leadership position including team management.
- Proven track record in delivering innovation (products or ingredients) to the market
- Good knowledge of CSR technical expectations and implications to innovation
- Good knowledge of the market and the latest scientific trends in Innovation and Cosmetics (new products, new launches, new publications, new ingredients, new techniques)
Project management skills including ability to lead project internally or externally
Managerial and behavioral skills
- Ability to shape the future from a white page
- Creative to identify new ideas in cosmetics from some technical insight in other areas
- Ability to work in entrepreneurial and transversal way with the various R&D functions
- Excellent coaching skills in challenging and rewarding projects
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal with all stakeholders
- Fluent in English and French
Description de l'entreprise
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,2 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 11,000 employees and more than 90 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
Lesaffre – Working together to better nourish and protect the planet