- Domaine d'activité
- Sciences appliquées
- Food flavouring and taste
- Milwaukee, United States
- Type de contrat
Description de l'offre
In this position, you will be responsible for product evaluation, validation, and new food application development under the supervision of the Culinary Center manager.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct trials using Biospringer yeast ingredients in food applications based on market trends and areas of focus. Evaluate and determine benefits and recommended levels. Organize data and create reports for our digital library to help build our value propositions.
- Work with Biospringer products to achieve various objectives, such as cost reduction, product matching, flavor enhancement, flavor masking, and clean label improvements.
- Perform exploratory work in new areas where our ingredients could be used. This could include collaboration with the Lesaffre Baking Center or with external partners using equipment that cannot be easily replicated in a kitchen/ lab-scale environment.
- Evaluate pilot plant trial samples from the Biospringer Cedar Rapids plant to assist with research and development work.
- Investigate competitive intelligence advantages and disadvantages of Biospringer ingredients relative to other competitive products on the market.
- Use sensory descriptors and analysis techniques in a team environment to evaluate applications
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes tasks and respects deadlines
- Communication & presentation skills: Communicates efficiently and effectively in front of internal team or brokers/sales and customers.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Team player – Builds strong relationships with other internal departments: marketing, quality, R&D, and operations
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fluent in English
Description de l'entreprise
As a global key player in yeasts and fermentation, Lesaffre designs, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for Baking, Food taste & pleasure, Health care and Biotechnology.
Family group born in northern France in 1853, now a multi-national and a multicultural company, Lesaffre is committed to working with confidence to better nourish and protect the planet.
In close collaboration with its clients and partners, Lesaffre employs 11 000 people in nearly 80 subsidiaries based in +50 countries.
Lesaffre achieves a turnover of 2.2 billion euros.
Biospringer, as a Business Unit of Lesaffre, is a key player and global producer of natural origin yeast ingredients for the food industry.
Its comprehensive products range includes yeast extracts, dried food yeasts, yeast-based flavors and more.
Biospringer offers solutions to improve the flavor profile of recipes and participate in the development of healthier everyday consumers’ products. With 8 productions plants, a network of commercial teams and Culinary centers around the world and a team of technologists and R&D, Biospringer brings taste and pleasure to consumers.