- Singapore, Singapore
- Type de contrat
- Fix term contract
Description de l'offre
The trainee will enroll in a PhD programme in the School of Computing at the National University of Singapore and conduct research work under the joint supervision of an NUS faculty member and a Lesaffre scientist. Working closely with experts at our regional Baking Center™ in Singapore as well as R&D scientists in France, the trainee will develop an in-depth knowledge of the science of baking and will be involved in the development of groundbreaking computer vision and AI tools to enable scientific research.
As an IPP PhD trainee, the candidate will receive:
· A good stipend for up to 4 years
· Full sponsorship of tuition fees and other related expenses for up to 4 years
To be eligible for the IPP Scholarship, the applicant must:
· Be a Singaporean Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of application
· Hold an undergraduate degree in computer science or similar fields
· Apply and gain admission into NUS School of Computing for PhD studies, to be commenced in January 2022
· Knowledge of computer vision and machine learning will be an advantage
· Have an interest in food chemistry and baking science
Description de l'entreprise
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre (www.lesaffre.com), with a €2 billion turnover, and established on all continents, counts 10,700 employees and more than 85 nationalities.
On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners, customers, and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness, and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.