- Domaine d'activité
- Recherche & Développement
- Fermentation nutrients
- Shanghai, China
- Type de contrat
- Permanent Contract
- 3 to 5 years
Description de l'offre
This position can be based in Laibin, Guangxi or Shanghai.
Manage the innovation portfolio of ProcelysManage the innovation portfolio of Procelys
• Ensure the inscription of Procelys innovation within the Group management of Innovation
• Lead and manage Procelys projects or sometimes pillars from idea to concept to product to product launch
• Support and follow up product development realized by pilot development department including prototypes performance assessment in Lab as requested
• Manage the ideation system of the business unit and nurture the incubator of Procelys with new concepts
• Coordinate with the LABs, Technical Supports, Industry and Quality for small projects
• Coordinate with Corporate R&D to ensure the spreading of new capabilities across Procelys projects
• Provide a monthly reporting of activities
• With support from Marketing, Technical support and Applications Lab, identify main fermentation market trends; contribute to identify and prioritize opportunities for new product development in China and APAC.
Provide a long term vision for Innovation in Procelys domain
• Keep yourself updated on the relevant scientific fields as well as on Biotechnology methods and techniques in general;
• Stay in close relation with Corporate R&D to enhance the level of response to the customer and the knowledge of products
• Establish a dialog with chosen key scientific leaders in the Procelys field in order to develop cooperations
• Draft and implement external research projects with academia or other research institutes as needed.
• Attend technical industry and scientific events to assess Biotech and Fermentation industry mega-trends
• Give lectures/talks or present posters in symposiums and technical events to ensure BU recognition and contribution to the industry
• Master Degree or PhD in Microbiology / Biochemical Engineering / Biotechnology
• Minimum of 3 years successful in R&D, Applications Development or Quality Assurance in the area of industrial Biotechnology.
• Good team player, ability to build strong relationship with other internal departments (Quality, R&D, operations, both in China and corporate worldwide)
• Good scientific skills in particular fermentation, microbial physiology / statistical analysis, Design of Experiments
• Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret variety of technical instructions, scientific literature and data from diverse origins
• Project Management skills including ability to be a project manager internally and externally
• Curious and eager to learn and investigate new knowledge and areas, generate suggestions for improvements
• Self-motivated, and organized: ability to prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently.
- Up to 40%, within China (mainly visits to production sites, to customers and to universities and institutes). In addition, some international visits (Europe, Asia) shall be anticipated.
- Fluent (speaking, reading and writing) in Chinese Manderin
- Fluent (speaking, reading and writing) in English
- French language is a plus
- Good knowledge in computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, Statistical analysis software CRM tools)
Description de l'entreprise
As a global key player in yeasts and fermentation, Lesaffre designs, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for Baking, Food taste & pleasure, Health care and Biotechnology.
Family group born in northern France in 1853, now a multi-national and a multicultural company, Lesaffre is committed to working with confidence to better nourish and protect the planet.
In close collaboration with its clients and partners, Lesaffre employs 11 000 people in nearly 80 subsidiaries based in +50 countries.
Lesaffre achieves a turnover of 2.2 billion euros.
Procelys aims to support the biotechnology industry by providing nutrients and expertise to improve growth and productivity of microorganisms and cell culture.
This Lesaffre’s Business Unit develops a wide range of specific fermentation nutrients designed for Biopharma, Food & Feed Bioingredients, Food cultures & Probiotics, Renewable Chemicals and Biocontrol industries. Strengthened by being a part of Lesaffre and drawing upon its expertise worldwide, Procelys fosters a strong proximity with its customers.