- Domaine d'activité
- Recherche & Développement
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Type de contrat
- Permanent Contract
- 5 to 10 years
Description de l'offre
Reporting to the Head of Discovery & Front-End Innovation department of Lesaffre International’s Corporate R&D, you will create opportunities in support to Lesaffre innovation strategy according to two main axes:
- You will coordinate the set-up of public funded projects, leveraging on the collaborations between the Group and other enterprises and research groups.
- You will participate in the design, exploration and development of innovative value creation models based on scientific and technological R&D assets.
Your scope of action will be wide, interfacing and collaborating with Lesaffre business units, with central functions (R&D, Patent, Legal, Marketing, Industrial departments) and with our partners in the field of innovation.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Inside a Front-End Innovation context (prior to entering the formal product development process), explore and develop new value creation models (business model) based on scientific and technological R&D assets.
- Build the business case for the decision to move to the investment phase:
- Carry out competitive intelligence and study target markets,
- Define the economic model,
- Build the associated financial model,
- Describe the technical solution and propose the appropriate operational organization,
- Write the business plan.
- Contribute to create and manage a pipeline of funding programs matching the Group RDI (Research, Development, Innovation) Roadmap & Strategy:
- Monitor and identify new funding opportunities within European and French national and regional funding schemes,
- Write proposals and/or to assist others in writing proposals for funded projects,
- Advise, coach and assist in managing the running projects to ensure a smooth execution.
- Scout, build and maintain a robust innovation network of startups, academics, accelerators, incubators and KOL’s (Key Opinion Leaders) operating in the relevant scientific fields and industries.
- Identify partners for the partnership set-up.
- Strongly interact with Lesaffre business units in nutrition & health as well as breadmaking.
- Manage together with the Head of Discovery & Front-End Innovation, the budget and resources allocated to his/her projects.
- Communicate actively & dynamically within Lesaffre & externally.
Required qualifications :
- 5-10 years of professional experience in Innovation, including solid experience with Open Innovation.
- Experience with building and growing relationships in innovation ecosystems (Startup, …).
- Experience in working together with external collaborations and internal teams to test innovations.
- Solid experience in the implementation and development of innovative projects aligned with business strategy.
- You know how to coordinate multidisciplinary and multicultural team with several internal stakeholders, the university, contract research organizations, researchers, companies.
- Knowledge of innovation methodologies, being able to quickly set up what is needed to validate/invalidate disruptive opportunities.
- Highly ambitious and equipped with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- A proactive and hands-on team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Fluency in English.
- Proven leadership skills including initiative, communication, collaboration, creativity, agility, and success even in the face of ambiguity. As part of your mission, you display appetence for science & technology, pragmatism and a sense of innovation.
Description de l'entreprise
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,2 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 11,000 employees and more than 85 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
Lesaffre – Working together to better nourish and protect the planet