- Domaine d'activité
- Cedar Rapids, United States
- Type de contrat
Description de l'offre
This key technical position will provide support to the Lesaffre Pilot Lab, Process industrialization team. The role of this team is to set new process & new products to our production plants by modelling industrial conditions in the pilot equipment as well as performing chemical and physical analysis, on both in-process and finished product. The Process Industrialization Engineer will run projects in fermentation and downstream process for plants located on the American continent, Lesaffre group R&D and different Lesaffre Business Units. This position will report to the Pilot Plant Manager but may also be given work directions from other management personnel as required by company needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned depending upon operational needs
- Leads and supports the company’s safety values.
- Lead specific studies directed at production process improvement or R&D process scaling-up for the production plants.
- Interact locally with Pilot operators and supervisor but also globally with production teams, Operational direction, R&D and Business units.
- Prepare and follow the trials aiming at reproducing industrial processes from microorganism propagation, fermentation, downstream process (filtration, drying) to final product characterization.
- Reports, analyzes, and communicates results to various internal stakeholders.
- Participate in the lab activity, propose improvement and technological evolution.
Education and/or Experience
A degree in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemistry, or Manufacturing along with three to five years’ experience required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of suppliers, contractors, or employees of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks.
- Communication and “customer” service skills are required in relationships with coworkers, management, and other departments within the company.
- Mechanical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Collect experimental data, analyze and interpret them, write detailed technical reports and present the results/recommendations to the different internal clients.
Description de l'entreprise
As a global key player in yeasts and fermentation, Lesaffre designs, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for Baking, Food taste & pleasure, Health care and Biotechnology.
Family group born in northern France in 1853, now a multi-national and a multicultural company, Lesaffre is committed to working with confidence to better nourish and protect the planet.
In close collaboration with its clients and partners, Lesaffre employs 11 000 people in nearly 80 subsidiaries based in +50 countries.
Lesaffre achieves a turnover of 2.2 billion euros.