- Domaine d'activité
- Marcq, France
- Type de contrat
- Permanent Contract
- 5 to 10 years
Description de l'offre
In the context of our international development, Lesaffre International is recruiting a Project Engineering Manager attached to the Group’s Industrial Division.
Our Industrial Division is based in our Headquarter (Marcq Campus) but this position involves to travel across our facilities all around the world. Initially, in order to reinforce our team working on the implementation of the Horus project in Egypt, the Project Engineering Manager will be detached (expatriation) to Nubaria for a duration of approximately 3 years and provided support for the Lead Project Manager.
Within a team of local & international engineers, you will oversee all technical aspects of the project or subprojects you will be entrusted with. This responsibility will remain throughout project duration, from the design stage to project close out.
Examples of projects/subprojects :
- Production Building, Equipment, Piping, Electricity, Automation (Fermentation or Drying)
- Packaging Area
- Utilities (Cooling Towers, Steam production, Compressed Air, Chilled Water, Firefighting…)
- Chemicals and Liquid ingredients storage
- Biological Waste Water Treatment Plant
In a nutshell, your duties and responsibilities will be :
- Organize the projects/subprojects and agree with the resource owners on the use of human and other resources.
- Manage Planification, Schedule, Budget, Quality.
- Deal with uncertainty through measures like risk management.
- Eliminate obstacles and create the environment for everyone to work, interact and communicate easily.
- Coordinate work and keep the tempo up.
- Communicate with other Project Managers, Project Engineers, Project Assistant, Project Cost Controller, Technical Purchaser, Engineering Consultant team, Site supervisors and suppliers.
- Supervise and coordinate design work (P&IDs, equipment and building layout, design reviews…), procurement activities (technical specifications, bidding, offers comparison, negotiation, contracting…) and monitor site construction works in close cooperation with selected suppliers/contractors.
- Check compliance with Lesaffre Group standards (safety, design, procurement, construction) and all relevant codes and standards.
- Participate in developing HSE plan with HSE manager. Make sure all HSE policies are strictly implemented and closely followed by contractors.
- Meet regularly with suppliers and contractors (design meetings, construction meetings), report and follow-up accordingly.
- Coordinate with the Plant for commissioning and start-up, follow-up trials and provide support to Operation team as needed.
- Manage proper classification of Project/Subproject documentation.
- Ensure the delivery of the Projects/Subprojects.
Reporting and Supervisory Responsibilities :
- Functional report to the Lead Project Manager; work direction and/or assignments will be received primarily from Lead Project Manager.
- Hierarchical report to Lead Project Manager or Group Engineering Director.
- May have some temporary supervisory responsibilities on the Project team (Engineering team, drafters, Site supervisors, Project Assistant, etc.). Supervisory responsibilities may also apply to subcontracted Engineering consultants, project contractors and their employees.
Hard & Soft skills:
- Knowledge of basic mechanical and electrical engineering principles.
- Ability to read and develop technical drawings (P&IDs, piping isometrics, structural drawings…).
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to be autonomous quickly.
- Mechanical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to write detailed technical reports and equipment specification.
- Additional safety and/or training experience helpful.
- Communication and “customer” service skills are required in relationships with coworkers, management, and other departments within the company.
- Self motivated and action oriented.
- Assist in helping the team succeed.
- Well organized, rigorous and thorough.
- Eager to learn and get hands on.
- Integrity and trust.
- Agile and collaborative, with a Team Player spirit.
- Open-minded and respectful (you like to work on field, in multicultural context, to travel, to coach, …).
- Used to work abroad for a long time period (you already have at least an experience in expatriation).
- Proficient in Excel, Word, MS Project, Outlook, Powerpoint…
- Knowledge in AutoCAD.
Description de l'entreprise
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,7 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 11,000 employees and more than 96 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
Lesaffre – Working together to better nourish and protect the planet.