- Domaine d'activité
- Recherche & Développement
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Type de contrat
- Permanent Contract
Description de l'offre
Within the Center of Excellence Down Stream Process Design belonging to the Lesaffre Institute of Science & Technology, and directly attached to the Drying Process Team Manager, you are in charge of developing process of preservation of micro-organisms and compounds of interest along with the drying process team (8 persons) the center of excellence DSP design and more widely for other departments.
Your main domains of intervention will be focused on the drying/preservation processes of micro-organisms and compounds of interest.
As a Research Scientist, your responsibilities are:
- To support team activities related to the preservation of products implying drying process, and formulation.
- To scout new technologies for product preservation and drying process.
- To lead project or to participate as a team member. You will have the responsibility of work packages, and you will have to drive and coach the technicians in the team to deliver in due time.
- To assist other services on drying process developments. You oversee the most appropriate technics and parameters to preserve products and to deliver reports of results.
- To act as stakeholder on your fields of expertise for transversal projects (involving subsidiaries/BUs, other services) by managing and participating to projects and proposing innovative solutions.
- PhD in Food Science, Process Engineering, Drying Process.
- A Background and a proven work experience for more than 3 years (Food / Feed / Pharma / Biotech /Chemistry Production).
- A recognized experience in Drying process and characterization of dry products/powder.
- Good knowledge about microorganisms’ industrial processes and microbiology would be a plus (at least 1 field among yeast, bacteria for biomass or bioconversion/active production).
- Fluent in English.
- Technical skills on:
- Drying process (fluidized bed drying, spray drying, freeze drying …).
- Coating and formulation.
- Characterization of dry products, powders and colloidal systems.
You are :
- Agile, collaborative, with a Team Player spirit.
- Open-minded, and respectful (you like to work in multicultural context, to travel, to coach, to think outside of the box…).
- Result oriented, rigorous, organized.
- Technical and scientific curiosity.
- Good communication, reporting and writing skills.
Description de l'entreprise
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,7 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 11,000 employees and more than 96 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
Lesaffre – Working together to better nourish and protect the planet.