- Domaine d'activité
- Recherche & Développement
- Human care
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Type de contrat
- Permanent Contract
- +10 years
Description de l'offre
In this context, Gnosis by Lesaffre is recruiting a Senior Formulation Expert to join its Research and Application department. You will report to the Applications Team Leader.
Within Gnosis by Lesaffre, you are the lead expert in food and beverages formulation. You develop concepts and semi-finished products for nutrition and health purposes, at lab and industrial scales, internally and with external partners.
Thanks to pre-formulation work and analytical approach, you acquire required technical knowledge on the intrinsic characteristics of the ingredients of our portfolio and products in development. Through your contribution in the product development projects, you work in collaboration with the technical teams at RD&I and factories level to fine tune and reach the targeted pre-formulation, and you are accountable for the follow-up of stability of the ingredient throughout the manufacturing steps and storage and provide insights to the project team thanks to your expertise in the field.
As an expert, you provide scientific guidance to the formulation team and other stakeholders. You are motivated by the transmission of your expertise to your colleagues.
You offer technical support to customers and prospects through Sales and Marketing departments.
In parallel, you are strongly involved in the Formulation Platform operations, located in the new Campus of Lesaffre in France and in Gnosis facilities in Milan, Italy. Within the multicultural team, you contribute to operational and safety procedures writing and follow-up, equipment calibrations and maintenance, CAPEX purchase procedure, good management of consumable stocks, respect of safety procedure and Sanitary Master Plan.
- Education: Master/Engineering degree or PhD in Agri-food sciences or Food Technology
- At least 10 years’ experience in the development of functional food / dietary supplement formulas with nutrition and health benefits;
- Strong background in design of experiments, statistical approaches and mathematical models applied to your field of expertise
- Experienced in dealing with customers and presenting on technical topics related to scientific experiments
- Project management skills
- Good communication skills, written and verbal, in English. Italian would be a plus
- Interest / experience in following topics would be a real plus:
- science of the particles, water behavior (hygroscopicity and Aw);
- Formulation of microorganisms, pre, pro, post-biotics;
- Industrial fermentation processes (fermentation, blending, stabilizing);
- Galenic formulation of dietary supplements or pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Behavioral Skills:
- Open-minded / Flexible;
- Team player & cooperative.
Location: Lesaffre’s headquarters, Marcq-en-Baroeul, France.
Description de l'entreprise
For over 30 years, Lesaffre has been involved in Human Health & Nutrition as part of its ambition to Better Nourish and Protect the Planet. In November 2018, Lesaffre acquired Gnosis Advanced Biotech and officially combined it with Lesaffre Human Care to form a new Business Unit named Gnosis by Lesaffre.
At Gnosis by Lesaffre, we are committed to cultivating and to delivering nutritional actives, probiotics, and nutritional and functional yeasts that benefit human health and wellbeing, thanks to the power of microorganisms and biotransformation processes like fermentation. Put differently, we explore life to improve living.
Our vision: At Gnosis by Lesaffre, we strive for a world that moves better, digests better, ages better, feels better, and, ultimately, lives better thanks to microorganisms and biotransformation.