- Domaine d'activité
- Recherche & Développement
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Type de contrat
- Permanent Contract
- 5 to 10 years
Description de l'offre
As member of the Discovery & Front End Innovation, based at Marcq-en-Baroeul (France), the candidate will actively contribute to the projects portfolio ideation, development and execution. He/She will lead and drive the discovery of new leads related to biomolecules, metabolites or fractions from microorganisms and develop the scientific validation of new Proof of Concepts within Corporate R&D to further support Lesaffre business. The candidate will be able to combine his/her scientific background with the business and industrial requirements to enhance Lesaffre business strategy and success.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Explore, identify and assess new leads aligned with Lesaffre business strategy, with a focus on identifying new biomolecules, metabolites or fractions from microorganisms.
- Drive, design & deliver scientific programs to validate new leads and new Proof of Concepts.
- Strongly interact with Lesaffre business units in nutrition & health as well as breadmaking.
- Identify and leverage internal and/or external resources to deliver new leads and Proofs of Concepts for Lesaffre products.
- Define & design a dedicated projects’ portfolio pipeline with a strong focus on bioactive compounds, microbial metabolites and fractions with potential interest for Lesaffre applications.
- Interact & coordinate with his/her colleagues across the other services of Lesaffre Corporate R&D to define and create maximum synergies and opportunities for collaboration and to define the scope and the deliverables of his/her projects.
- Manage together with the Head of Discovery & Front End Innovation, the budget and resources allocated to his/her projects.
- Communicate actively & dynamically within Lesaffre & externally.
- You have a PhD or equivalent postdoctoral experience in biochemistry, bioengineering, microbiology, molecular biology or in relevant fields. 5+ years of relevant experience in industry, Start-up or SME.
- Excellent understanding of microbial metabolism and background in metabolic engineering, general and synthetic biochemistry, green chemistry, structural biology, biological macromolecules, biochemical analysis including -omic technics, enzymology, microbiology.
- You have a solid experience in the implementation and development of innovative projects aligned with business strategy.
- You know how to coordinate multidisciplinary and multicultural team with the university, contract research organizations and researchers to develop science-based next generation ingredients to support health.
- You know trends in high value bioactives, biosourced compounds, precision fermentation, valorisation of natural products.
- Fluent English is essential.
- Proven leadership skills including initiative, communication, collaboration, creativity, agility, and success even in the face of ambiguity. As part of your mission, you display scientific curiosity, pragmatism and a sense of innovation.
- You will be able to combine your scientific training with business and industrial requirements in order to strengthen the group’s strategy and success.
Description de l'entreprise
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,2 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 10,700 employees and more than 85 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 10 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.