- Domaine d'activité
- Recherche & Développement
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Type de contrat
- Permanent Contract
Description de l'offre
Lesaffre International R&D campus gathers approximately 700 people. Our community grows and seeks for new talent with skin health expertise to join Lesaffre Institute of Science and Technology at Marquette-Lez-Lille (France). You will integrate Lesaffre Institute of Science & Technology in the Nutrition Microbiota and Heath Center of Excellence. Your team will study skin and microbe interactions to valorize existing products or discover new bioactive from Lesaffre culture collection of microorganisms for personal care applications.
Along the years we built a solid reputation with breakthrough research and intellectual property on yeast fermentation technology to develop innovative solution for nutrition and health. We want to take advantage of our assets and implement a Biotic program with a primary focus on skin health and cosmetic applications.
- Design and lead a discovery strategy in cosmetic research at Lesaffre in close collaboration with the R&D Director Nutrition, Microbiota and Health and the R1D Innovation Leader of the Cosmetic business unit.
- Lead ideation and experimental execution to identify microorganism or related-bioactives with expected efficacy in personal care applications (focus in skin health)
- Implement key methods and procedures with regular tracking of progress.
- Manage internal and external resources and studies (preclinical and potentially clinical) for quick execution by identifying external academic collaborators or CROs and managing students, technicians, and scientists (3-5 direct reports).
- Attend and present results in key cosmetic congresses.
- Monitor cosmetic ingredient trends, keep up to date on new ingredients benefits or monitoring device to explore new territories. Keep an eye on competitor suppliers with special attention on new preclinical demonstration to lead innovation with competitive benchmark and or new methodologies.
- Contribute to new regulatory dossier & specifications for new ingredients.
- Investigate patent opportunities.
- Work in a cross-functional team and closely with the Cosmetic BU stakeholders (R&D Innovation Leader & Marketing team) to set product direction, establish priorities, and recommend new ingredient development routes.
- Experienced scientist with PhD and 3-5 years in a related field (cell biology, skin health/microbiome, oral health/microbiome, and/or HTS experience). Ideally, you have a recent experience managing research projects in cosmetic industry (especially ingredients) or with cosmetic partners.
- Passionate and skilled to identify important mechanisms for cosmetic applications and execute the right wet lab experiments to convince your stakeholders and provide necessary material for regulatory dossier.
- Enjoy working with and coaching people to advance high risk, high reward projects.
- Holding a pioneer/’start-up’ spirit to embrace new ways of working to drive speed in execution and innovation.
- Strong communicator to engage with internal and external experts to identify the quickest path for execution.
Don’t miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and multicultural environment.
Description de l'entreprise
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,2 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 11,000 employees and more than 90 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
Lesaffre – Working together to better nourish and protect the planet