- Domaine d'activité
- Recherche & Développement
- Cedar Rapids, United States
- Type de contrat
Description de l'offre
The Scientist priority will be to perform and coordinate the hands-on lab work. He/she will participate as a member of the global Procelys application team as a contributor on project development and prioritization, experimental designs and in representation of Procelys technical knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Help develop application model platforms being used by customers in North America in the biopharma, food cultures, probiotics, and food and feed market segments,
• Complete laboratory projects with benchmark, literature searches, design and run optimization experiments,
• Utilize and contribute to the improvement of defined validation study procedures and experimental protocols according to the Group standards,
• Work in close collaboration with the other scientist(s) in the Procelys application lab, the pilot plant and the production department, business partners, marketing and technical services team
• Ensure the full physical, biological and chemical characterization of Procelys products in concert with fermentation profile analysis,
• Assist new product development and product improvement initiatives and keep close communication with Production, Marketing, Quality Departments to provide recommendations for development of new products,
• Contribute to a technical competitor database and serve as one of the global Procelys team industry expert for our different applications,
• Maintain lab equipment in good condition,
• Contribute to the creation of a yearly budget for consumables and propose ideas for new equipment.
• Provide regular reporting of project status to management and the broader Procelys organization.
Description de l'entreprise
As a global key player in yeasts and fermentation, Lesaffre designs, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for Baking, Food taste & pleasure, Health care and Biotechnology.
Family group born in northern France in 1853, now a multi-national and a multicultural company, Lesaffre is committed to working with confidence to better nourish and protect the planet.
In close collaboration with its clients and partners, Lesaffre employs 10 700 people in nearly 80 subsidiaries based in +50 countries.
Lesaffre achieves a turnover of 2.2 billion euros.