- Job area
- Fermentation nutrients
- Cedar Rapids, United States
- Contract type
The Application Scientist will operate within Procelys’s application laboratory in the pilot of Cedar Rapids, to support customer applications, product development and innovation projects.
The mission of the application scientist will be responsible on performing and coordinating different projects in the laboratory. The Scientist’s first priority will be designing, running, and reporting on experiments that support Procelys customer applications, product innovation and production. The Scientist will also participate as a member of the global Procelys application team (located in France and China) as a contributor on the following:
• Project development and prioritization
• Project management
• Representation of Procelys technical knowledge to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Your education: Master Degree in Microbiology, Fermentation Science, Biochemical Engineering or related field, 1-3 years’ laboratory experience in R&D or application development in the area of industrial biotechnology/fermentation, preferably from the bio-ingredients field (hyaluronic acid, amino acids, enzymes, biopharma, dairy cultures, probiotics, etc).
- Your skills:
- Good hands-on knowledge and experience of industrial biotechnology and fermentation science
- Experience in running daily fermentation lab operations including task management, experimental design, statistical software, good lab technique.
- Good knowledge of biochemical analysis methods
- Ability to synthesize and interpret a variety of technical instructions, scientific literature and data from diverse origins
- Be a good team player, ability to build strong relationship with other internal departments (Innovation, Quality, R&D, operations, Marketing, Technical Services)
- Curious, creative, and eager to learn and investigate new things; willingness to generate suggestions for improvements
- Self-motivated and organized. Ability to prioritize and plan work activities. Uses time efficiently.
As a global key player in yeasts and fermentation, Lesaffre designs, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for Baking, Food taste & pleasure, Health care and Biotechnology.
Family group born in northern France in 1853, now a multi-national and a multicultural company, Lesaffre is committed to working with confidence to better nourish and protect the planet.
In close collaboration with its clients and partners, Lesaffre employs 11 000 people in nearly 80 subsidiaries based in +50 countries.
Lesaffre achieves a turnover of 2.7 billion euros.
Procelys aims to support the biotechnology industry by providing nutrients and expertise to improve growth and productivity of microorganisms and cell culture.
This Lesaffre’s Business Unit develops a wide range of specific fermentation nutrients designed for Biopharma, Food & Feed Bioingredients, Food cultures & Probiotics, Renewable Chemicals and Biocontrol industries. Strengthened by being a part of Lesaffre and drawing upon its expertise worldwide, Procelys fosters a strong proximity with its customers.