- Job area
- Research & Development
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- +10 years
- The Biofoundry. Lesaffre is establishing the first industrial Biofoundry in France. It’s gathering an international team of motivated, risk-taking scientists and engineers to merge biology, engineering, automation, and computer science to improve organism engineering, screening, and selection for a wide portfolio of industrial biotechnology applications (baking, brewing, bioethanol, flavors and fragrances, food and feed, nutraceuticals, pharmaceuticals).
- The Automation team. As a transversal support team, our mission is to automate and develop solutions to accelerate the innovation.
As our Automation Scientist, you will be focus on :
- Instrument prototyping: understand requirements, define technical solutions, create financial and technical specifications, prototype, iterate, etc.
- Automate processes: program lab instruments (liquid handlers, schedulers, etc.), modify laboratory workstations as needed per projects, understand requirements, define bottlenecks, define technical solutions and specifications, prototype, create UIs, etc.
- Automate data workflows between instrument analysis and LIMS using APIs.
- Be a force of proposition, identify repeatable tasks that can be modified or automated, analyze costs, workflow impact, opportunities.
- Maintain the instrument park of the laboratory (maintenances scheduling, contact with providers, contracts, etc).
- An Engineering MSc in Robotics, Automation or Software Engineering.
- Some experience in programming, reading/writing software documentation, etc.
- Some experience with instrument prototyping.
- Some experience in a laboratory is appreciated.
- Around 10-years experience in Industry.
- Programming languages: Python, C++ (optional: C#, JS, VBS, SQL).
- Automation: sensors, PLC, workflows.
- Mechanics: CAO (Fusion 360, Freecad), 3D prototyping
- General electronics knowledge.
- Image processing.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
- Versatility, autonomy.
- Innovative, Problem-Solving approach.
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,2 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 10,700 employees and more than 85 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 10 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.