- Job area
- Applied sciences
- Worcester, United Kingdom
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- 5 to 10 years
Reporting to the Head of Sales, they will be responsible for the technical support of set key regional/geographical industrial accounts in line with the commercial strategy, it means
- Achieve the overall strategic technical objectives to meet the commercial budget & profit in terms of sales in the set geographical/regional customer base in yeast, sourdough, ingredients, gluten free
- Support and Implement the Lesaffre UK & Ireland technical and commercial strategy to contribute to global objectives in each key account
- Market and maximize the position of Lesaffre as a broad-based UK & Ireland baking ingredient supplier and high level of bakery technical expertise
- Support the Implementation of the commercial policy of Lesaffre UK & Ireland in the set regional/geographical key industrial accounts
- Ensure a good relationship on a long-term basis between the customer accounts & Lesaffre UK maximising sales opportunities through Lesaffre UK, LFI and Group expertise & local technical support.
2/ Principal Tasks
- Overall demonstrate a high level of bakery technical expertise and practical support to promote sales volume & profit on all the products & services offered by Lesaffre UK in the accounts achieving the set strategic & budget objectives
- Control gaps between objectives & results, propose actions to be taken, to improve the trend, confirm efficiency
- External Technical support to customer requirements in line with the Lesaffre UK & Ireland commercial strategy. Achieved through, bakery process advice – proactive and reactive, Ingredient advise and recommendation, assist in customer NPD and EPD projects, support/lead testing/bakery trials while reporting/documenting effectively internally/externally the results and next steps to completion of the set goals, Liaise as required with Lesaffre Baking Centre Technicians and formulators.
- Internal company technical support in line with the Lesaffre UK & Ireland commercial strategy. Achieved through, Attending and contributing to regular technical meetings with Lesaffre for exchange of technical information, review of NPD projects and communicating steps required for completion, discuss any upcoming changes in the industry, including legislation e.g. labelling, liaise with Lesaffre technical and commercial teams on Internal/External NPD projects, support with internal testing/baking trials & requirements while reporting and communicating effectively the results and next steps.
- Promote and exercise internally and externally opportunities in terms of new products and new developments in ingredients, mixes, gluten free, sourdoughs, yeasts
- Seek and Open new project developments in current and potential Accounts, work in collaboration with the Head of Sales the priorities, develop the Project with the different departments of the customer: Management, NPD, Technical, Quality, Marketing, Production….
- Develop a good long term Diamond relationship within the customers across multiple channels (Technical/NPD/Procurement/QA/Production etc) to build report across the business showing Lesaffre as a long term partner while assessing information received from the market
- Be up to date on market trends, movements: customers, competition, products, continually develop personal and technical skills through internal Lesaffre trainings.
- Inform & communicate information that could be relevant for other departments of the company
- Training. To train fully and lead/support technical trainings for internal colleagues and external partners/customers for the Lesaffre expertise in bakery processes, yeasts, sourdough, ingredients and mixes. To continually improve personal training levels through attending Lesaffre training days in UK, WE region baking center in Lille and Lesaffre online platforms.
1/ Functional attributes
- Knowledge about the sector
- Knowledge about the products, raw materials, processes
- Knowledge in terms of economics, sales progress, global understanding about economic effects in a customer (mix products)
- Practical Ability to demonstrate technical bakery skills across an number of bakery products and processes
- Ability to work in collaboration with other departments within the company and in the Group
- Be a Project manager for new opportunities and projects within the set key accounts
- Ability to organise, prioritise, react and sort out issues
- Abilities: empathy, active listening, proactivity
- Capacity to take decision
- Knowledge of hygiene & food requirements in the sector: APPCC-ISO-BRC-IFS-AIB
Advanced level on Excel and PowerPoint
3/ Professional experience
- Minimum 5 years
- Experience in technical account support
- Experience in Technical bakery applications and products
- Practical Bakery skills
- Experience in industrial sector
As a global key player in yeasts and fermentation, Lesaffre designs, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for Baking, Food taste & pleasure, Health care and Biotechnology.
Family group born in northern France in 1853, now a multi-national and a multicultural company, Lesaffre is committed to working with confidence to better nourish and protect the planet.
In close collaboration with its clients and partners, Lesaffre employs 11 000 people in nearly 80 subsidiaries based in +50 countries.
Lesaffre achieves a turnover of 2.2 billion euros.