- Job area
- Food flavouring and taste
- Maisons-Alfort, France
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- +10 years
The Business Director is responsible to develop an implement Biospringer sales strategy in EMEA region. The position is based in Bio Springer France, in Maisons-Alfort. You will have frequent travelling (over 50%):
- To customers and business partners in region (Europe, Middle east, Africa and Russia),
- To Lesaffre offices located in France (Lille area) and production site (Maisons-Alfort, Strasbourg, Serbia),
- To other location for attending conferences and meetings occasionally.
Your tasks and duties will be:
Translate and execute business strategy into a Sales Plan for EMEA
- Implement and execute the sales strategy in the region according with Business Unit strategy,
- Develops revenues and volumes of product sold in the region with existing and new customers,
- Prepare annual budgets (Sales budget & OPEX) for the region,
- Monitor and reports business situation (revenues, margin, OPEX, account receivables, opportunities).
Develop revenues and volumes to customer in the region
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals,
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities,
- Ensure efficient distribution network and ensure distributors are managed and monitored,
- Contribute with the product management product range, product positioning, price strategy and channel / distribution activities to budget and to the market conditions.
Manage regional sales organization
- Recruit, coach, develop organization (training, meeting, …), sets performance goals and run performance evaluations,
- Prioritize and manage opportunities using C4C tools,
- Work in coordination with marketing director and his marketing team to develop new products, organize meetings and events and conduct market analysis.
Manage and facilitate operations in the regions
- Interface with supporting functions (e.g. local Biospringer management, Quality, Customer Service, Supply Chain, Production, Pilot, R&D) to ensure smooth business operations,
- Participate to S&OP and contribute actively to the elaboration of an accurate regional demand plan.
Participate to the BU leadership team
- Ensure that collectively the BU operates with a high level of professionalism and under the ethical & cultural standards of the group,
- Participate and contribute actively to leadership teamwork and decisions,
- Contribute or represent biospringer in (group) projects when required,
- Contribute to the elaboration of the Business Unit strategy following group guidelines.
Education, experiences and functional competencies
Education and experience:
- A Business/management degree with a strong experience in industrial Biotechnology or a master’s degree in science / engineering (ideally Food Engineering/Biotechnology/Bioprocessing) with strong sales experience,
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in an international B-to-B environment, selling technical ingredients particularly in the fine chemical / bio pharmacy / food processing industry,
- A proven experience in management in an international context.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent in managing customer relationship, negotiation & selling skills,
- Knowledge and experience in Strategic / Key Account Management,
- A strong sense of service, quality, and professionalism,
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills,
- Self-motivated and self-starter and organized personality,
- Strategic thinking,
- Good language skills French / English,
- Ability to plan, structure and prioritize,
- Ability to work in a matrix and multi-cultural environment.
Biospringer, as a Business Unit of Lesaffre, is a key player and global producer of natural origin yeast ingredients for the food industry.
Its comprehensive products range includes yeast extracts, dried food yeasts, yeast-based flavors and more.
Biospringer offers solutions to improve the flavor profile of recipes and participate in the development of healthier everyday consumers’ products. With 8 productions plants, a network of commercial teams and Culinary centers around the world and a team of technologists and R&D, Biospringer brings taste and pleasure to consumers.