- Job area
- Ghent, Belgium
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the annual as well as strategic mid-term Sales plan for Benelux region.
- Develop and maintain a network with major stakeholders inside and outside the local organization, such as suppliers, governmental bodies as well as (potential) customers.
- Cooperate with Commercial guidance of Lesaffre Group in Headquarters (France)
- Negotiate with some Key accounts, and support the sales teams about prices, supply levels, discounts, promotions, etc …
- Responsible for following up the Sales budgets and Sales expenditures. Control and discuss deviations and carry out corrective actions.
- Work out promotional sales actions to support sales.
- Responsible for following up the technical and commercial development regarding product, packaging, bakery technology and new application possibilities of this product.
- Securing appropriate follow-up on complaints.
- Further grow the Algist Bruggeman reputation/image
- Leading the marketing team and support them in growing the Algist Bruggeman reputation/image
- Develop the Strategic Marketing, gather market knowledge & customer, user and consumer knowledge.
- End Responsibility for the Marketing Plan
- Manage the Marketing Budget
- Final Responsibility for the Product Management: work on product Life Cycle Management, product Mix, Margin analysis, portfolio / Finance analytics, Survey the Brand management actions.
For this role as a Commercial Director, we’re looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- Preferably a Master’s degree, combined with several years of relevant experience in Sales and Marketing.
- Knowing and understanding the role of a brand in a BtoB environment;With a strong commercial gen and able to think “global”
- The ability to establish and maintain client relationships and develop and generate the appropriate marketing and promotional support
- A strong focus on meeting customer needs and exceeding their expectations, with a strong experience in solution selling and problem solving.
- Negotiation skills; Excellent negotiation skills for dealing with clients, partners, and distributors.
- Networking; A well-established network, including contacts with potential customers, distributors, and partners.
- Market Analysis: The ability to conduct market research and analysis to identify opportunities and threats in various markets.
- Financial acumen: Understanding of financial principles and the ability to manage budgets, analyse financial data, and make data-driven decisions.
- Result orientation: The drive and determination to meet or exceed sales targets and business development goals. Action oriented management style with a structured approach to problem solving
- Leadership management: Strong leadership skills to manage a team of sales in the Benelux region.
- Adaptability: The ability to adapt to changing market conditions and make timely adjustments to sales strategies and objectives; preferably with international experience
- Communication skills; Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Tech savvy; Proficiency with sales and marketing tools, CRM software, and other technologies that facilitate commercial business activities
- Travel: Willingness to travel frequently to meet with clients, attend trade shows, …
- Fluent in English, Dutch and French
Algist Bruggeman, a subsidiary of the Lesaffre Group, produces baker’s yeast for both traditional and industrial bakeries and for the private home baker. The baker’s yeast is sold in fresh, liquid or dry form. In addition, Algist Bruggeman is selling improvers, mixes and premixes completed with a wide range of sourdough products. In that way, Algist Bruggeman is a solution provider for all bakers.
Algist Bruggeman is a Belgian company, situated in the Ghent Canal area.
Since its creation in 1949, Algist Bruggeman has grown to become a leading manufacturer of baker’s yeast. Our long-standing experience has endowed us with a strong product knowledge and process control, which results in a first-class product.
In addition, we are proud to call ourselves pioneers in the development of new yeast products and applications, which means that we can always meet the quickly changing needs of the bakers and industrial bakeries.
A job at Algist Bruggeman means working together with 190 enthusiastic colleagues in a dynamic, high-tech company, and with essential values like product quality, safety, sustainability and innovation.