- Job area
- Research & Development
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Contract type
- Internship - Stage
Lesaffre’s Digital & Data journey started some years’ ago with a strong push to encourage and cross-fertilize initiatives across the organization. Business impact of some of these first actions (Sales efficiency tools, My Lesaffre App for Bakers, digitalization of key operations etc…) have confirmed the importance of accelerating this journey.
Digital & Data are to become a fundamental transformative force for Lesaffre growth. On the one hand, as a lever to increase customer centricity and user experience. On the other hand, to bring operational excellence across the company.
More concretely, some of these opportunities are:
- Further empower salesforce & leverage digital marketing to capture, convert and keep our future and current clients and consumers
- Leverage omnichannel strategies to sell, serve and delight our customers
- Turn our industrial operations even more intelligent and efficient (digitalization of processes, automatization of low added value tasks, industrial productivity, supply chain performance …)
- Contribute to unlocking further value and efficiency on R&D processes
- Empowering transversal functions to deliver better user experiences
The Data Science and Analytics team at Lesaffre International is looking for an intern Data Scientist for a duration of six months starting in January 2024.
The Data Scientist intern will work closely with the Microorganisms team from R&D to solve a Computer Vision use case. The intern will use available images to perform pre-processing, data augmentation and will use Deep Learning to perform classification.
Main responsibilities :
- The Data Scientist designs the scientific methodology to solve business problems
- Build efficient statistical or AI models
- Communicate in a pedagogical way to Lesaffre group stakeholders
- Deliver a solution to render the resulting data product accessible
- Following a Master’s degree in engineering, science, computer science, machine learning, applied statistics, biostatistics, physics or mathematics
- Hands-on experience with implementing data and AI models
Technical skills :
- Machine learning and scientific methodology:
- Knowledge of statistical and data science concepts (e.g, model evaluation, overfitting, parameter tuning, null imputation)
- Some experience in data & AI modelling including classification, regression and clustering problems in python using scikit-learn (e.g, linear models, random forests, gradient boosting, svm, knn, etc.
- Data analytics, processing and visualization:
- Programming experience with data-related packages in Python (e.g., numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn)
- Experience in data treatment (e.g, filter, aggregate, merge, etc.)
- Experience in data visualization (e.g., seaborn, matplotlib, plotly, dash, Streamlit, PowerBi, Tableau)
- Experience with data quality analysis (e.g., null values and outlier’s detection)
- Data use case development and monitoring:
- Experience with collaborative tools (e.g., git)
- Experience with at least one SQL or one NoSQL database (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB, CassandraDB)
- Experience building small prototypes on low-code frameworks such as Streamlit or Dash would be a plus
- Strong science skills
- Business and innovation oriented
- Good communication skills
- French and English proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in autonomy scientific data and ML methodology that answer to business needs
- Ability to work within a team
As a global key player in yeasts and fermentation, Lesaffre designs, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for Baking, Food taste & pleasure, Health care and Biotechnology.
Family group born in northern France in 1853, now a multi-national and a multicultural company, Lesaffre is committed to working with confidence to better nourish and protect the planet. Lesaffre is well position to nourish 9B people by 2050 by making the most of planet resources. Its capabilities to explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms, as well as its leading fermentation knowledge brings Lesaffre as one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
In close collaboration with its clients and partners, Lesaffre employs 11 000 people in nearly 80 subsidiaries based in +50 countries.
Lesaffre achieves a turnover of 2.7 billion euros.