- Job area
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
We are looking for our Digital Operations Lead for our Legal, Compliance & Internal Audit Department
Like all other departments of the Lesaffre group, this department started its digital transformation a while ago and wishes now to accelerate it with the full support of our Top Management. For this to be a success, we need to recruit a person dedicated to this task!
Our key words for digital work, processes & tools are user friendly! Efficient & easy to use for everyone whether for the members of the department, for our (internal) business partners or for reporting purposes. And of course, our digital world should use the most modern technology, linking with other already existing or future digital tools of our own department or of other departments.
You will be reporting to the Legal, Compliance & Internal Audit Director of the Lesaffre Group, and work closely with each member of the department as well as business stakeholders at all levels of the Lesaffre group. One major point to keep in mind: Lesaffre being an international group, all processes & tools must be usable by all affiliates of the group worldwide, even if local adaptation would be necessary.
As this is a new position within the Legal, Compliance and Internal Audit Department, it is up to us to define the details of the job description and to set up the priorities of this function of Digital Operations Lead.
Your daily work could be as broad as:
- Developing and implementing the Department’s processes and technology roadmap.
- Leading and conducting the department’s various IT / digital projects such as digitization of the Department’s data management or the implementation of business or communication tools.
- Providing project management for established or future IT / digital projects of the Department, and playing an active role between the Department, the (internal) business partners, the IT department and the service providers.
On a short term, you would focus on:
- Project management to choose, implement and/or deploy:
- 1) contract management process & related tool (improvement and/or change of existing processes & tool).
- 2) third-parties audit process & related tool (new processes & tool to set-up).
- 3) risk management tool (internal developed tool), including understanding the needs of (internal) business partners, knowing about already existing data & tools, and imaging bridges between tools.
- Evaluating needs of Department (or needs in relation with its (internal) business partners) for processes & related tools, setting up priorities and as necessary, launching new tools and/or changing existing tools into more modern tools.
- Being the communication point of contact on change management for processes and tools implementation, with the team of Department, as well as (internal) business partners.
- Daily support on already existing digital tools and improving them as necessary. Such digital tools already covered scopes of electronic signatures, contracts, corporate matters, KYC steps, trademarks, risks management, whistleblowing alerts, data privacy matters, reporting, communication through SharePoints, elearning training platform.
- Support and train our team, including assistants (who will be the primary hotline for our (internal) business partners) on various digital tools proposed by the department.
- Being curious about the subject-matters dealt by the department, to support as much as possible on the creation and deployment of e-learning trainings.
While on a more medium and longer term, we wish this job position to also include:
- Participation in creation and/or implementation of processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the department or its business partners when in contact with the department (To understand needs of our department and of its (internal) business partners to propose automatized / optimized processes and tools with considering a cost / efficiency balance).
- To report on key operational and substantive metrics for the department that will better inform decision-making.
- To make existing or future communication tools live (within the department or with the business partners) and propose communication strategy & tools.
- Processes around efficient & effective data management (accesses, archiving).
Requested Skills & Qualifications:
- Either IT and/or Digital background, with experience on understanding & managing users’ needs; it is a bonus if your experience covers providing support to legal, compliance and/ or internal audit departments.
- Or a legal / compliance / internal auditor or controller background with a strong technology understanding in digital tools.
Your qualities should mainly be:
- Team spirit and leadership, rigor & capacity of planning with organizational skills (project management skills), ability to analyze and synthesize organizational schemes and processes, adaptability, proactivity, communication, listening and empathy skills.
- Specialist in digital tools, with a capacity to think strategically to identify issues and develop long-term & creative solutions, having at the same time a curious spirit looking for any new digital tool as well as critical mind to separate necessary & efficient digital tools from “gadget” tools!
- Fluent English is mandatory.
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,2 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 11,000 employees and more than 90 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.