- Job area
- Applied sciences
- Fermented beverages
- Marquette-lez-Lille, France
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- +10 years
The Fermentis Academy is the newest strong independent competency center of Fermentis which will now be hosted on the Fermentis Campus (Fermentis Global Corporate HQ) in Marquette-lez-Lille, North of France (Lille area) by the end of 2021. So far, the Fermentis Academy program created in 2017 was structured around off-site applied research and education programs worldwide.
In its new environment, the Fermentis Academy will be both an applied research center and a service center towards Fermentis R&D team primarily, but also to the Marketing and Sales Teams. It will be composed of a technical hall in which applied research will be conducted for a number of fermented beverages with the most modern equipments centered on fermentation technology; microbiology, physico-chemical and sensory labs, warehouses (cold and temperature controlled); and a reception center with hosting areas and meeting rooms for education purpose.
In this context, we recruit our Fermentis Academy Manager who will report directly to the General Manager of Fermentis.
In your role, you’ll manage:
– The Fermentis Academy team composed initially of at least an assistant, a receptionist, 1-2 brewers/operators, a lab manager, 2 sensory analysis managers and an IT manager… Apart from the sensory lab managers, you will be in charge of recruiting your team.
– The applied research program; involving :
o Project planning
o Resource planning
– The Fermentis Academy infrastructure (technical hall with fermented beverage production equipment, warehouses, physico-chemical, microbio and sensory labs, reception center and meeting rooms)
– The Fermentis Academy Education Program hosting/events on site; and participation to presentation/education sessions
– The Fermentis Campus buildings/infrastructure maintenance/security (office space planning no included),
– The OPEX & CAPEX Budgets, including sourcing operations (equipment, raw materials, packaging,…).
Engineer (Food Science/Brewer, ElectroMechanical) or equivalent, you have ideally more than 15 years of experience in beverage pilot plant management or any beverage or food production environments… A significant experience in Craft Brewery Management would be ideal.
You have acquired solid expertise in project management and team management.
Your natural sense of leadership, pragmatism with strong organizational skills, discipline, structure, and excellent communication/presentation skills will be essential to the success of your projects.
Fluent English is essential; ideally bilingual English-French, and an additional language is appreciated: German, Spanish, Portuguese…
Finally, you are passionate for fermented beverages.
Fermentis was created in 2003 as a business unit of Lesaffre with the mission to develop & market innovative and qualitative products and services for the beer, wine, spirits and beverage fermentation worldwide.
To be the obvious choice in beverage fermentation, the Fermentis’s mission is to create & deliver innovative and dependable ferments & derivatives offering sustainable technical solutions to the benefit of all stakeholders worldwide.