- Job area
- Applied sciences
- Food flavouring and taste
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- 3 to 5 years
Application and Evaluation
• Design and formulate savoury and snacks application recipes to showcase the capabilities of Biospringer’s yeast products.
• Design of experiment to evaluate the performance of Biospringer’s yeast products in the customer specific application/ process, which aligned with the market trend.
• Conduct sensory evaluation of ingredients, competitor products and end products.
• Translate market trends and needs into new product developments.
• Prepare demonstration kits for the customer presentation/ innovation day/ seminar.
• Align and communicate the company/ product strategies with the Culinary Center APAC team based in Singapore.
• Uncover and find unmet needs, offer solutions, suggestions and work with the Sales and Marketing team to find a better new product solution.
• Provide thorough written documentation of projects and methods.
• Be the technical point of contact for customers.
• Track of launch process and execution against new product launches with new and existing customers.
• Build concept presentations and share our products and capabilities to customers with the Sales and Marketing team.
• Build strong customer relationship together with the sales representative.
Safety and Housekeeping
• Maintain a safe, clean and organized lab environment in accordance with the company policies.
• Manage inventory of product samples and lab consumable items.
• Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
Experiences and Education
• University Degree/ College Diploma in Food Science, Food Technology or equivalent.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in Technical/ Innovation/ R&D.
• Good knowledge and strong understanding of both produce recipes and main processes of savoury and snacks manufacturers.
• Proficient in operating lab/ pilot food processing equipment.
• Demonstrates strong understanding of customer service.
• Demonstrates solid sensory skills.
• Superior communication skills, in both verbal and written.
• Good problem-solving skills and judgment.
• Self-starter with minimal need of supervision.
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre (www.lesaffre.com), with a €2 billion turnover, and established on all continents, counts 10,700 employees and more than 85 nationalities.
On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners, customers, and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness, and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
Biospringer by Lesaffre is looking for an experienced Food Technologist to provide support to its market development in Thailand and Vietnam. This role is a key position within the organization and a great opportunity for an individual to further develop.
This position will be based in Thailand and reports to Thailand & Vietnam Sales Manager.