- Job area
- Research & Development
- Human care
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- +10 years
The Formulations & Applications Global Team Manager is responsible for leading and coordinating formulation activities within Gnosis by Lesaffre Research & Application Department.
The role is reporting to the Applications Team Leader.
The Formulations & Applications Global Team Manager:
- Manage and coordinate a team of Formulations scientists and technicians located in 2 different labs (one in France, one in Italy).
- Coordinate formulation labs, maintaining the highest scientific standards and ensuring that labs are operating according to group safety, health, and environmental standards.
- Define and implement a detailed formulation strategy in strong connection with the BU strategy, particularly for Functional Food.
- Set-up and activate an external network of technical partners to support and accelerate the activities: CMOs, CDMOs, technical centers, academic partners, customers…
- Support business development through technical issues identification and solving for customers, participate to customers visits / meetings in strong connection with Marketing and Sales.
- Support factories in the development of new products and the optimization of their process.
- Drive development projects, according to project management good practices.
- Bring scientific expertise into formulation studies.
- Ensure effective collaboration with other teams such as Product development, Technical transfer, Analytical Support, Quality, Supply Chain, Marketing and Operations.
- Lead and drive CAPEX projects associated with improvement or introduction of new facilities and equipments to support formulation strategy.
- Manage OPEX budget of the formulation team and support the preparation of projects’ pipeline.
- Prepare the organization for the future, based on a strong knowledge of technological progress in the field.
- Master/Engineering Degree or PhD in Agri/Food Sciences, Food Technology, Pharmacy, Drug chemistry or equivalent..
- Strong experience (at least 10 years) in developing functional food and dietary supplement formulas with nutrition and health benefits.
- Strong people management skills. Experienced in organizing and managing laboratories and teams in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experienced in supporting business activities.
- Experienced in dealing with customers and presenting on technical topics related to scientific experiments.
- Self-motivated and organized personally.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, in English; French and/or Italian would be a plus if not native speaker.
- Anticipate frequent travelling worldwide, to the different locations of the BU and to customers’ and partners sites.
For over 30 years, Lesaffre has been involved in Human Health & Nutrition as part of its ambition to Better Nourish and Protect the Planet. In November 2018, Lesaffre acquired Gnosis Advanced Biotech and officially combined it with Lesaffre Human Care to form a new Business Unit named Gnosis by Lesaffre.
At Gnosis by Lesaffre, we are committed to cultivating and to delivering nutritional actives, probiotics, and nutritional and functional yeasts that benefit human health and wellbeing, thanks to the power of microorganisms and biotransformation processes like fermentation. Put differently, we explore life to improve living.
Our vision: At Gnosis by Lesaffre, we strive for a world that moves better, digests better, ages better, feels better, and, ultimately, lives better thanks to microorganisms and biotransformation.