- Job area
- Research & Development
- Lille, France
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
Benefiting from the company’s R&D expertise and Bread making business, the Head of Baking Science’s mission will consist of managing the activities of a multidisciplinary team focused on developing and building knowledge , projects support to provide functional solutions to breadmaking customer . The position reports directly to RD Corporate director.
This person will be responsible for:
• Overall management of internal research projects and all external partnership
• Lead and manage group’s baking science team (15-20 FTE)
• Set up of overall corporate technical objectives and budgets, and coordination of activities between internal and external research groups.
• Work in conjunction with Regional Commercial and Marketing teams to address business issues and opportunities.
• Leverage and work in cooperation with complementary corporate functions like Baking Centers, Regulatory, Industrial division, Marketing and others
• Contribution to increase value creation of R&D investments by fostering scientific excellence, collaboration and organizational effectiveness: help R&D project teams meet and accelerate and achieve targeted milestones.
• Participate actively in Internal Network like Innovation, Coordination binome, Project Management Community and others
• Engage actively in Customer meetings and relationship when needed in completely alignment with Key Account Management
• Implement the corresponding R&D investments/budget necessary to continue developing the company’s presence in the baking industry.
• Provide and maintain a high level of competence in the field of baking science and ingredients.
• Manage key partnerships to be externally developed and work closely with the different BUs to propose an optimized structure complementary to the existing ones.
• Active participation in the life of the laboratories by ensuring missions of collective interest.
• Represent the company by participating and communicating in congresses and scientific meetings.
Created in Northern France in 1853 as a French family group, Lesaffre is a global key player in yeasts and fermentation. The company designs, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for Baking, Food, Flavors, Health Care and Biotechnology. Today, as a multi-national and a multicultural company, Lesaffre is committed to working with confidence to better nourish and protect the planet.
In close collaboration with its clients and partners, Lesaffre employs more than 10000 people in 66 production sites that provide products and services to more than 185 countries. LESAFFRE achieves a turnover of more than 2 billion euros including over 40% on emerging markets.