- Job area
- Hartlebury, United Kingdom
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
The HSE Advisor is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) programs and policies within our company. The successful candidate will ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and standards, identify potential hazards, and provide guidance and support to employees to promote a safe and healthy work environment.
- Develop and implement HSE policies and procedures in accordance with regulations, as well as industry best practices.
- Developing and maintaining a culture that achieves high standards of health, safety, and environmental compliance throughout the company.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits to identify potential hazards, assess risks, and recommend and close out appropriate corrective actions.
- To develop and recommend control measures on the standard of PPE to be used and issued to employees.
- Provide guidance and support to employees on HSE matters, including training programs, safe work practices, and emergency response procedures.
- Investigate accidents, incidents, and near misses, and develop strategies to prevent future occurrences.
- To create and communicate safety alerts where appropriate to educate and share learnings.
- Maintain accurate records of all HSE activities, including incident reports, training records, and safety data sheets.
- Conduct regular HSE meetings and training sessions to educate employees on HSE policies, procedures, and best practices.
- NEBOSH general certificate is essential.
- Proven experience working as an HSE Advisor in food manufacturing would be an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of HSE regulations, standards and best practise.
- Strong understanding of hazard identification, risk assessment, and incident investigation techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively engage and influence employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop practical solutions to complex HSE issues.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to effectively engage all levels of the organisation.
- Strong leadership decision-making abilities.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to fostering a positive culture.
As a global key player in yeasts and fermentation, Lesaffre designs, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for Baking, Food taste & pleasure, Health care and Biotechnology.
Family group born in northern France in 1853, now a multi-national and a multicultural company, Lesaffre is committed to working with confidence to better nourish and protect the planet.