- Job area
- Human care
- Desio, Italy
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- +10 years
We are looking for an HSE Manager within the Quality department.
The aim of the role is to guarantee the implementation of legal provisions regarding safety on workplace and environment and includes activities such as:
- Carry out all the necessary activities to ensure its compliance – especially activities as information, training and prevention programs – with the goal of preventing industrial injuries or environmental risks.
- Minimize the probability of injuries and of environmental accidents by building a culture of proactive prevention and safety at all levels and in all functions.
- Supervise the related activities in Gnosis By Lesaffre BU production plants (S.Antonino, Pisticci and Bagnolo Mella).
- Provide functional HSE support to Public Authorities.
As HSE Manager:
- Work together with the RSSPs of the production plants to develop safety procedures for the different business activities and action plans to ensure the implementation of measures preventing injuries and fires and the respect of the environmental legislation.
- Update the record of laws and regulations concerning production activities and related to safety, environment and health.
- Collect and update the documentation about industrial and environmental authorizations, occupational health, tests, fire compliance requirements and all the aspects of the production activity regulated by national, regional or municipal rules.
- Together with production plants RSSPs, give specific support to the Top Management to deal with public Authorities in order to implement the related laws both during the control phase of authorization of standard production activities (licenses, permissions, reports, notices, etc.), and during the development phase of new investments.
- Prepare reports on safety to keep updated the Top Management and the Group.
- Degree in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology Biotechnology or similar
- 10 or above years’ experience in a similar role inside companies with complex organizational structure in chemical/pharmaceutical field.
- Degree in technical and/or scientific subjects and knowledge in the field of plant, mechanical or electronic engineering. Preferable degree in Engineering.
- Technical skills as required by Law (art 32 Testo Unico salute e Sicurezza sul lavoro).
For the GNOSIS BY LESAFFRE Business Unit
For over 30 years, Lesaffre has been involved in Human Health & Nutrition as part of its ambition to Better Nourish and Protect the Planet. In November 2018, Lesaffre acquired Gnosis Advanced Biotech and officially combined it with Lesaffre Human Care to form a new Business Unit named Gnosis by Lesaffre.
At Gnosis by Lesaffre, we are committed to cultivating and to delivering nutritional actives, probiotics, and nutritional and functional yeasts that benefit human health and wellbeing, thanks to the power of microorganisms and biotransformation processes like fermentation. Put differently, we explore life to improve living.
Our vision: At Gnosis by Lesaffre, we strive for a world that moves better, digests better, ages better, feels better, and, ultimately, lives better thanks to microorganisms and biotransformation.