- Human care
- Desio, Italy
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- +10 years
The Industrial Director is responsible for leading and coordinating production activities and initiatives, as well as investment projects within the Gnosis by Lesaffre plants.
He / She ensures suitable current and future production in close partnership with QHSE and Supply Chain Directors so as to meet the stated business goals pertaining to customer satisfaction in a safe environment.
The role is reporting to the GM Gnosis by Lesaffre and functionally to the Industrial Director of Nutrition & Health. The incumbent will be a key member of the Gnosis by Lesaffre Leadership Team.
The role includes support to the Denain plant greenfield project, commissioning, and later responsibility over plant management and production.
· Leads and supports Plant Directors in technical aspects of production investments, and any other industrial issues.
· Works closely with QHSE Director to assist in solving quality related issues.
· Coordinates transversal projects in coordination with the corporate industrial team.
· Makes recommendations on capacity expansions and planning in coordination with Commercial and Supply Chain Directors and the relevant Corporate functions.
· Makes investment recommendations and once approved, leads industrial team accordingly for adequate execution.
· Advises industrial team about definition of needs and appropriate technical solutions to be chosen.
· Works transversally with other functions to choose strategic partners and suppliers.
· Defines strategies for process improvement needs and develops projects with Process team.
· Supports Packaging team in prioritizing issues and projects, monitors progress of projects and gives them support when it is needed.
· Monitors lean management projects, makes critical decisions and gives approvals when it is needed.
· Leads and develops Gnosis by Lesaffre Industrial team in terms of both technical knowledge and competencies.
· Defines performance objectives for Industrial team and monitors progress.
· Assists QHSE Director and Safety Coordinator in defining health and safety objectives to achieve expected results.
· Consolidates and approves annual budget for industrial needs including investments, capacity increases, process development needs, packaging expenses, and etc.
· Allocates budgets between plants in line with needs, objectives and action plans.
· Visits plants regularly to observe critical needs and makes critical decisions.
· Contributes to development of relevant business plans
· Follows up on action plans generated to achieve 3-years strategy of the company.
· Leads and contributes to his/her team in launching of transversal projects.
· Closely monitors progress of industrial projects, makes critical decisions and follows results.
· Evaluates recruitment needs for industrial team, shares expectations with HR
· Involves recruitment process to choose the best candidate for current vacancies and makes final decision for industrial team.
· Monitors and manages performance of his/her subordinates, defines development areas and informs HR for planning appropriate actions.
· Organizes performance meetings with his/her subordinates for annual review, defines developmental actions and KPIs for next year.
· Completes other tasks and responsibilities assigned by management in compliance with his/her skills, abilities and experiences.
· Min. bachelor degree from engineering department, industrial engineering or chemical engineering is preferable and graduate degree may be an asset
· Min. 15 years of experience on industrial management in B to B or preferentially Pharmaceutical or Chemical industry
· Experienced in a multicultural environment, with strong people management experience
· Proven track record of project and change management experiences
· Experienced in new plant establishments, investments and related requirements,
· Autonomous, self-motivated, analytical and result oriented, also strong in communication,
· System minded including SAP system, IT and industrial tools
· Good knowledge on statistical analysis methods, quite familiar with databases and statistical tools,
· Fluency in Italian and English is a must
As a global key player in yeasts and fermentation, Lesaffre designs, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for Baking, Food taste & pleasure, Health care and Biotechnology.
Family group born in northern France in 1853, now a multi-national and a multicultural company, Lesaffre is committed to working with confidence to better nourish and protect the planet.
In close collaboration with its clients and partners, Lesaffre employs 10 000 people in nearly 80 subsidiaries based in 50 countries.
Lesaffre achieves a turnover of 2 billion euros.
At Gnosis by Lesaffre, we harness the power of microorganisms and biotransformation processes like fermentation to create nutritional actives, probiotics, and nutritional and functional yeasts that benefit human health and wellbeing. We collaborate with nutraceutical and pharmaceutical brands to develop game-changing, on-trend products for their customers.