- Job area
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- +10 years
Reporting to the Industrial Group Direction, this position of Industrial Process Director is answering one of Lesaffre’s goal: Develop and Increase our Industrial expertise through innovative solutions.
Your role includes three main axes:
- A Hands-on focus: Manage & coordinate two Industrial Pilot teams based in France and the USA (27 people overall). Their scope of actions includes development of processes, technical assistance, monitoring of industrial trials and the industrial production of small batches. The expected result supports the group decision to launch industrialization or not.
- A functional focus: Relying on your team, you assure a technical expertise in yeast and bacteria production processes in coordination with the upstream (R&D, Purchasing Department, Management Control, Regulations, Quality Department) and the downstream (BU & Production).
- A Monitoring & Prospect focus: Be the main contact regarding technical aspects related to the supply and diversification of raw materials ; Develop and/or test new technologies in order to ensure our technical and economic competitiveness.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Design and coordinate the activity program of the two Pilot teams mobilizing the right Resources (people, assets, funding) in agreement with the internal stakeholders (Functional Departments, Business Units and Production Sites)
- Contribute to projects by ensuring a high level of skills and performance that preserves and develops everyone’s expertise to ensure high quality support and services.
- Team management by organizing and mobilizing people around common and meaningful objectives to assure performance.
- Guarantee the permanent safety of the Pilot Teams and all the people involved.
- Empower & develop a team spirit by encouraging collaboration with all parties involved and promote project management to deliver projects on time.
- Develop new skills according to the group’s needs.
- Food Industry degree (Master or PhD)
- 10 to15 years of professional experience in the Industrial Process field
- Experience & skills in direct management and project management
- Strong knowledge regarding:
- process extrapolation: scale-up and scale-down, R&D/Production
- Industrial production
- Fermentation and biotechnology engineering (yeast and bacteria)
- A leader with an entrepreneurship mindset (decide, act, federate, commit)
- Able to encourage innovation (initiative, search for solutions, modernity, creativity)
- Able to manage stakeholders’ relationship.
- Result oriented to manage your projects and missions according to deadlines & commitments.
- Able to bring high degree of expertise through your analytic mindset
- Enthusiastic with a fighting spirit in order to drive your missions & your team despite challenges & hazards.
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,2 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 11,000 employees and more than 90 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
Lesaffre – Working together to better nourish and protect the planet