- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- 3 to 5 years
1. Competition law topics for the Lesaffre group
- In support of an external growth file by drafting & filing clearance notifications within the acquisition project;
- On a day-to-day basis: mainly supporting the marketing and sales teams throughout the group in their relationship with their clients
- Ensuring the competition compliancy of Lesaffre, including in the context of professional associations.
This will involve knowing how to analyse the economic data of the Lesaffre market and products, as well as being familiar with Lesaffre's various business units, and proposing pragmatic, long-term solutions.
2. External growth of the Lesaffre group
Supporting the teams in charge of the Lesaffre group's external growth. Analysing, drafting and negotiating an acquisition project, from the first stage of signing a confidentiality agreement to the closing of the file, including the drafting and negotiation of all and any contracts related to the file.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team, gather information and provide legal support to the project coordinator, as well as coordinate the drafting of the contractual documentation necessary for the project.
3. Training Lesaffre’s employees, and creation of templates in the areas of external growth and competition; the candidate will know how to convince businesspeople and to draft & communicate legal solutions easy to understand for businesspeople.
The candidate will be reporting to the Legal Director for M&A and Competition.
Education: at least Bac + 5 (level of Master II in law), with a business school education and/or one year of experience LLM in an Anglo-Saxon university (or equivalent significant professional experience outside of France).
Professional experience of at least 3 to 4 years, ideally in an Anglo-Saxon law firm or equivalent, having managed cultural differences.
Fluency in English, including legal and business English, is essential. The candidate will travel and work internationally with time differences, from Milwaukee, USA to Shanghai, China.
An excellent and rigorous lawyer, the candidate knows to integrate into a team working easily with each member of the team and has a spirit of synthesis and coordination. He/she likes to discover & learn and knows how to find pragmatic solutions & tools as well as to, listen to, understand, & communicate easily with, the businesspeople.
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,2 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 10,700 employees and more than 85 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 10 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
Lesaffre – Working together to better nourish and protect the planet