- Job area
- Research & Development
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Contract type
- Internship - Stage
In the frame of an analysis of competitive offer relating to microbial products for human and animal care, you will be in charge of collecting, structuring and analysing information in order to evaluate the level of knowledge on the characterization, efficacy and mode of action of the products.
The Internship will be hosted in the Knowledge Center Department, in charge of the management of scientific and technical information, and you will work closely with the project Manager and Head of Bacteria Microbiology Platform.
You will be in charge of:
- Searching external information on specific microbial products (eg background physiological information, application benefits in link with Lesaffre’s businesses, existing efficacy studies, patents, regulatory information…)
- Proposing an organization to consolidate and structure retrieved information in order to perform benchmark analysis (database conception including data visualization exploitation).
- Analyzing information in order to:
- Determine the existing level of evidence on efficacy available for each product, defining an evaluation framework and indicators.
- Build a mapping of competitive environment that will allow Lesaffre to understand how competitors products are positioned in terms of functionalities, which level of substantiation is achieved for each type of product/functionality and how this has been done (type of studies).
- Investigate how efficacy could be linked to some products characteristics (eg physiological parameters, origin…).
- Develop some recommendations for Lesaffre to integrate in their own standards and screening parameters.
During those missions, you will be interacting with R&D teams and business units.
Engineering school or Master’s degree with a focus in Applied Microbiology.
You have experience in scientific literature searches and analysis.
Skills: autonomous, well organized, rigor, responsibility, motivation to learn and curiosity; very voluntary, business insight.
English spoken and written is mandatory.
Period and duration: 6 months – From February/March 2022
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,2 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 10,700 employees and more than 85 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 10 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.