- Job area
- Research & Development
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- 3 to 5 years
This position is based in the LIST, Center of Excellence: Baking Science & Nutrition with the focus on yeast and sourdough fermentation, fundamentals of breadmaking process, cereals and nutritional benefits of bread. In this path, we study the new scientific and technological solutions to enhance texture, taste and shelf-life and nutritional benefits of bread.
Management of research projects on baker’s yeast
- Conduct research to improve Lesaffre products as well as their scientific and technical knowledge in breadmaking. Drafting and presenting results
- Assist in developing new tools and methodologies in the breadmaking domain
- Interact with business stakeholders and participate in upstream reflection for the definition and development of research projects
- Interface with other R&D Centers, Baking Centers and Regions
- Bibliographical follow-up of subjects of interest and technological watch in the field of competence
- Represent the company at conferences and participate in the scientific network on yeasts used in breadmaking
- Assist with the management and planning of Baking Projects
- Development and management of baking methods
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the bake house
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this position, you have/are
- Food Science, Bioscience or Chemistry degree (PhD preferred)
- Proven research experience in breadmaking in a leading company in its market
- Good knowledge of yeast in breadmaking application
- Proven experience in managing research projects
- Skills or interest in new computer technologies
- Fluent in English. Basic French knowledge is a plus
- Planning and organization skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills, synthetic, knows how to adapt and convey messages
- Sense of management and relationship, pro-active and team spirited
- Creativity and entrepreneur mindset
- Open to change and continuously improve
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary, multinational matrix organization
- Works independently, strong self-drive
- Positive drive and energy
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,2 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 10,700 employees and more than 85 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners, and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 10 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
Lesaffre Institute of Science & Technology (LIST) is located at the brand new Lesaffre International Campus, the “Forum”, a state-of-the-art facility covering 23000 m² and bringing together over 700 employees from Corporate R&D organization and the various business units of the company.