- Job area
- Applied sciences
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- +10 years
Master Baker Ethiopia
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Years of experience: +10 years
- Activity: Baking
- Contract type: Permanent Contract
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,7-billion-euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 11,000 employees and more than 90 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge. LeSaffre – Working together to better nourish and protect the planet!
You will Contribute to making LESAFFRE known as a key player in technical solutions “BAKING SOLUTION”, yeasts and ingredients.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will contribute to increase sales of Lesaffre yeasts and ingredients, trough market knowledge and the valorization of your projects in product development and in technical assistance to our industrial customers and to our distributors.
Technical support to customers (industrial, craft and in-store bakeries)
- Assist the sales teams in the definition of the customers’ needs.
- Convert the needs and expectations of customers into project, including:
- In collaboration with the formulation team, define the technical options and formulas
- Test the Solutions (baking lab’ and at the customer facility)
- Complete required dashboards to facilitate the follow-up of projects within the teams (internal and customers)
Direct impact on the Sales and Technical operation of the company:
- Provide theoretical and practical training, involving other internal departments, as well as for customers
- Communicate technical data and information from field to relevant interlocutors (formulator, Sales Team, Africa baking center network)
- Suggest new recipes, tests development ideas and assesses the products
Baking Professional certificate + 10 years of experience minimum or technical training.
You have a recognized and successful experience in the field of craft and industrial bread making and in a field equivalent to the missions proposed.
You master perfectly specific breadmaking techniques and associated ingredients. You know project management methods and you use easily computer tools (Word, Excel, PPT…).
You speak fluently English and Amharic.
- Client oriented,
- Ability to adapt to various interlocutors
- Already edxperience working in a multicultural context within the framework of projects requiring autonomy, initiative and anticipation
- Ability to innovate, to convince thanks to your negotiation skills and know-how
- Maintain high standards to ensure the reliability and accuracy of the information
- Inter-personal skills allowing the transmission of your know-how
- Openness and respect to work in a team
- Curiosity and analytical skills
- Ability to synthesize and identify customers, interlocutor’s constraints
- Acute sense of confidentiality, both in writing and in relationships, associated with a strong ability to be transparent.
Willing to travel within Ethiopia
Lesaffre, which was established as a family-owned enterprise in 1853 in France, serves today as the closest local business partner of its users worldwide by means of its multinational structure. With its 77 production facilities and over 11,000 employees, the Lesaffre expertise comprises a wide production, sales, and R&D network across 5 continents, in over 185 countries. Since 2021 Lesaffre is operating a production facility in Ethiopia to serve the long standing customers of our brands which used to be serverd through import.