- Job area
- General Management
- Human care
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- +10 years
In the continuity of its ambitious development, Gnosis by Lesaffre wants to reinforce its ability to identify, assess, and contract with partners to develop its innovation capabilities, be they related to products, technologies or services.
In an increasingly competitive market and serving ever larger and more complex customers, Gnosis by Lesaffre is working to enrich its pipeline of new and beneficial products to maximize the differentiation potential for their customers, as well as to develop additional capabilities to speed up their customers’ time-to-market with on-trend (semi-) finished forms and other formulation improvements. This requires the development and active management of an ecosystem of partners.
The Role / Key mission of the Partnership & Innovation Scouting, Senior Manager, reporting to the B.U. General Manager, is to:
- Identify companies with products, development programs, platforms or technologies aligned with Gnosis by Lesaffre strategic roadmap and Leadership Team guidance
- Initiate contact with selected companies, collect information, and coordinate internal process with various functional teams and PMO to assess technical relevance and business model fit for value creation via partnership, licensing, etc…
- Develop supporting business case and coordinate legal work on supporting documents to enable BU Leadership Team decision to proceed
- Work with General Manager and other stakeholders to negotiate selected opportunities up to successful outcome and coordinate with PMO to prepare for seamless execution of partnership project.
To achieve this, he/she will work in close relation with Market Managers, R&A, Controlling, Operations, Supply Chain, Sales …
o Use sound judgment to make good decisions based on information gathered and analyzed, including modeling of financial scenario / business case.
- Indirect management:
o Ability to mobilize BU colleagues and prospect companies’ leadership through direct management & indirect coordination
o Maintains confidentiality and meets own commitments.
o Generates ideas for improvement, takes advantage of opportunities, suggests innovations.
- Strong leadership skills and data-driven thinking
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Ability to quickly learn and perform thorough commercial assessments in broad range of products and technologies
- Excellent written, verbal, communications, and time-management skills
- Ability to understand industrial constraints
- Excellent project management skills
- Minimum 8 years of experience, ideally with some consulting or licensing experience
- Prior exposure to life-science or biology matters via education or professional experience is strongly preferred
- A commitment to teamwork
- Enthusiastic, diplomatic & calm under pressure
- Ability to develop creative ideas and transform them into practical reality
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels and with technical and non-technical audiences
For over 30 years, Lesaffre has been involved in Human Health & Nutrition as part of its ambition to Better Nourish and Protect the Planet. In November 2018, Lesaffre acquired Gnosis Advanced Biotech and officially combined it with Lesaffre Human Care to form a new Business Unit named Gnosis by Lesaffre. In May 2021, Lesaffre acquired NattoPharma to continue to strengthen its Human Health & Nutrition business.
At Gnosis by Lesaffre, we are committed to cultivating and to delivering nutritional actives, probiotics, and nutritional and functional yeasts that benefit human health and wellbeing, thanks to the power of microorganisms and biotransformation processes like fermentation. Put differently, we explore life to improve living.
Our vision: At Gnosis by Lesaffre, we strive for a world that moves better, digests better, ages better, feels better, and, ultimately, lives better thanks to microorganisms and biotransformation.