- Job area
- Malang, Indonesia
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- 5 to 10 years
- Enforce high safety and operation standards amongst his the production teams (Fermentation, Drying, CY, packaging) to comply with the company QHSE guidelines
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow of the Production Dept., coordinating the production schedule / plan ensuring the optimum performance level.
- Get the reports on the operation progress from each Dept. and help solving bottlenecks and production troubles. Escalate decisions to the Technical Manager when required
- Report regularly the status in terms of volumes, costs and quality performance of the operations.
- Participate in specific task group to review customers feedback in order to suggest appropriate solutions and ensure customer overall satisfaction
- Support the middle-managers in identifying staff needs in terms of T&D.
- Adopt a role model so that his entire team reflects the right behavior.
- Provide feedback to middle managers according to their performance and coordinate the communication with HR team at this regard.
- Timely complete regular performance review of his reporters ensuring the issuing of the annual appraisal.
- Ensures participation, participate or lead specific studies directed at continuous manufacturing improvement or process optimization including new strain adaptations with active/proactive feedback.
- Supervises the implementation and update of process documentation and tools including SOP, DB, analytical tools, or other relevant documentation related to Department activities.
- Ensures proper scale-up processes supporting the middle management.
- Develops KPI system cascading the company’s goals and targets into measurable variables for the different steps of the production process.
- Consolidates Department’s budget joining the info from his reporters and getting the agreement of the Technical Manager.
- Follows up the KPI evolution and supports the required RCA leading into action plans in case of deviation.
- Keeps auto-development acquiring hard- and soft- skills through his own effort or requiring the company’es support in agreement with the Technical Manager.
- Coordinates Capex requests within his team ensuring the proper preparation of the technical tasks and ensuring that the basic information in terms of budgeting, implementation time, quality, HSE, volume and pay-back are properly filled up
- Ensures the commissioning of the Capex projects implemented in the Production Department participating on the SAT directly or delegating always ensuring that the performance is matching the project definition.
- Contributes to the creation of punch-lists in case of deviation from the targets established for the Capex projects and ensures the proper completion of such lists.
- Complies with requirements of reference regulation and standards established by the company’s top management within his department.
- Enforces the relationship with the Maintenance Dept. following up both the preventive and corrective actions in the Production Dept. directly or delegating into the Production team.
- Master degree required in Food manufacturing, Biotechnology, Industrial engineering or Chemical engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years of food/pharmaceutical/biotechnology Fermentation process in Multinational Company at similar level of responsibility
- High level of motivation, open-minded, flexible, pragmatic, creative, autonomous, Critical thinker, and problem-solving skills
- High proficiency in both written & Verbal in English communication & local language is required.
- Familiar with local regulations and standard.
Founded in 1853, Lesaffre is an independent, family-owned group based in France, and a leading global provider of baker’s yeast and yeast extract products.
It employs over 10 700 people on five continents and markets bakery, taste improvement, health and nutrition, fermentation and brewery products and services.
Lesaffre Sari Nusa (LSN) is an affiliate legal entity of Lesaffre Group. It is a new Yeast manufacturing company incorporated beginning of 2020, under its construction phase for an Operational start-up scheduled beginning of 2023.
This position will manage and lead a team of managers for ensuring the accomplishment of production targets both in volume and quality. The position will be held accountable for the preparation of the budget and for cascading the company’s goals into the departments (Fermentation, CY, Drying and Packaging). The position should support the short-, medium- and long-term performance of the unit. It requires coordinating internal resources and co-working with service departments. The position will be held responsible for the regular reporting of the operations. The workflow will go from the production order acceptance from the Logistic Dept. until forecasting the proper supplies from Supply through the execution of the production operation coordinating the internal production process. This position will report to the Technical Director.