- Job area
- Research & Development
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
In the context of its ambitious Research and Development program, the Lesaffre Institute for Science and Technology (LIST) reinforces his team with a Project Manager. His role is to drive the execution of project with low criticality, to maximise the results with respect to budget whilst delivering on time, in conformity with project management and execution processes
The Lesaffre Institute for Science and Technology is located at the brand new Lesaffre International Campus, the “Forum”, a state-of-the-art facility covering 23000 m² and bringing together over 700 employees from Corporate R&D organization and the various business units of the company.
As a PM, you will report to our Innovation Strategy Office Director and your main responsibilities will be:
- Be accountable for project Quality Cost Delay performance.
- Optimize Project Financial performance and project Environment Health Safety mobilizing the right persons in the organization.
- Be responsible for the project governance: Define project Management strategy & Plan (planning, cost, quality, performance) adapted to scientific challenges (Organize and animate Steercos & ensure that decisions are taken at the relevant level of the organization).
- Lead and coordinate project WBS and stakeholders from start to close-out including:
- Proper transfer from idea to project.
- Definition of Project objectives and main drivers (competencies, product/service performance, planning) to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Resources management (Core team staffing).
- Escalate when project resources available do not match the project needs.
- Team leading, including Core Team and when applicable Project Managers of internal and external partners.
- Make sure that key project stakeholders are aligned towards project/ goals.
- Synchronize internal partners and arbitrate when necessary.
- Arbitration of Quality Cost Delay re-baselining and change management at project level. Alignment with contractual requirements and management of variation orders if needed.
- Management of the project progress and its KPIs, and reports to senior management, with transparency during project reviews and Steercos.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable rules, instructions and standards @Lesaffre.
- Proper transfer of project to other Project Manager when relevant.
- Proper close-out of the project & responsible for sharing learnings.
- Manage sponsor and external stakeholders’ relationship:
- Continuously ensuring alignment with sponsors’ requirements.
- Representative towards Sponsors and when applicable external stakeholders (Consortium…).
- Together with the PMOs & PM community, seek and propose improvement of the Project Management System (Stage-gate, agile & customer-driven methods, digital tools).
- Coach and Train junior Project Managers on project management– if needed.
- Scientific Background and a proven work experience of several years in Project Management (several projects at the same time).
- Fluent in English & French.
- Use to work in Agile methods.
- Knowledge regarding stage-gate process, design thinking, lean start-up, methodologies, ways of working and governance around Innovation.
- Fluent sage of Microsoft Project (MSP) is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills- precision-discipline.
- Good communication with Political/Negotiation skills.
- Team management (capacity to coordinate and ensure collaboration of multi-site/multi-metier teams).
- Agile and collaborative.
- A Leader with an entrepreneurship mindset.
- Result oriented.
- Able to manage stakeholders relationship.
- Able to drive project team in blurred context.
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,2 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 11,000 employees and more than 90 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.