- Job area
- Ghent, Belgium
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- +10 years
- You will be responsible for the procurement and timely ordering of raw materials, auxiliary materials, chemicals, packaging materials, services, transport and technical purchase, for a total value of +/- 50M€ and you will do this in an optimal price-quality ratio, at the most favorable delivery conditions. These tasks are in the context of producing yeast, food and API applications .
- You monitor consumption and coordinate purchases with the heads of departments on the basis of planned production and forecasts.
- MRP calculations and optimal stock volumes hold no secrets for you.
- You maintain contacts with both internal stakeholders (production, quality, technical management and the group) and follow up on issues, prices, contracts, seminars and training, and external stakeholders (suppliers, buyers and representatives).
- You are responsible for preparing the purchasing budget and ensuring afterwards that budgets are respected.
- You are always look for cost improvement and efficiency. You monitor the purchasing processes and dare to make proposals for optimization.
- As purchasing manager, you are able to take action in case of defects and/or non-conformities of suppliers. You also work with the quality department to coordinate quality requirements for new products or suppliers.
- You coordinate with the group regarding group contracts and tenders and take an active role as the company’s representative on the Western European purchasing team.
- You participate in meetings, training and seminars and visit suppliers.
- You ensure good internal organization of the purchasing department and can manage a team in the process.
- You are prepared to also take on the purchase administration as back-up for your staff.
- You manage and organize the receipt of goods department and supervise that all tasks are carried out in a safe way.
- You manage the purchase-to-pay and source-to-contract processes and will act as key-user for SAP. You will be the first point of contact for all SAP-related questions.
- You develop a strategy and a roadmap for your department to support the ambition of Algist, in line with the group Purchasing strategy.
- You manage proactively supply risks and mitigate them through adequate action plans (business continuity, CSR, anti-corruption…)
- You bring competitive intelligence from our suppliers to our business (ex: market trends, new concepts/practices, innovation on the market, alternative vendors…).
- You develop modern tools related to Purchasing: e-sourcing, contract management, e-signature, catalogs & EDI…
- You lead the responsible purchasing roadmap and develop initiatives to improve suppliers practices in term of CSR
- You actively participate in the quality events related to the various quality certifications that Algist Bruggeman has.
- You manage a team of 5 people (1 purchase officer and 5 logistics people)
- You report to the Technical Director.
- You preferably have a master’s degree, combined with several years of relevant experience.
- You have good user experience in SAP.
- You have experience in negotiating and liaising with suppliers.
- You have good communication skills.
- You have an affinity with working in the food/process industry and the associated quality requirements, and feel strongly about safety and cleanliness.
- You have good knowledge of software packages, Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ERP system.
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch, English, French and possibly other languages.
- You have decisiveness, organizational talent and leadership skills.
- You are hands-on, stress-resistant and strong in analytical/problem-solving thinking
- You are knowledgeable and experienced in managing legal aspects of commercial contracts.
Algist Bruggeman, a subsidiary of the Lesaffre Group, produces baker’s yeast for both traditional and industrial bakeries and for the private home baker. The baker’s yeast is sold in fresh, liquid or dry form. In addition, Algist Bruggeman is selling improvers, mixes and premixes completed with a wide range of sourdough products. In that way, Algist Bruggeman is a solution provider for all bakers.
Algist Bruggeman is a Belgian company, situated in the Ghent Canal area.
Since its creation in 1949, Algist Bruggeman has grown to become a leading manufacturer of baker’s yeast. Our long-standing experience has endowed us with a strong product knowledge and process control, which results in a first-class product.
In addition, we are proud to call ourselves pioneers in the development of new yeast products and applications, which means that we can always meet the quickly changing needs of the bakers and industrial bakeries.
A job at Algist Bruggeman means working together with 190 enthusiastic colleagues in a dynamic, high-tech company, and with essential values like product quality, safety, sustainability and innovation.