- Job area
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- 5 to 10 years
Within the Operations Direction, and directly attached to the Industrial N&H Director, your main domains of intervention will be focussed on the purification process.
Your responsibilities will be :
- To ensure technical assistance and expertise towards all Group production entities :
- You oversee the necessary diagnosis, lead investigations and comparative studies to propose solutions or recommendations on your fields of expertise and in collaboration with peers.
- You consider the technical objectives and priorities defined by the facilities and propose improvement axis on costs, safety, quality, and sustainability aspects.
- You participate to the definition of the Scope of Work for new equipment / installation. Based on knowledge and experience, you might support requesting subsidiary in the definition of further projects documents (such as Process Flow Diagram, Functional Description, utilities calculations, etc).
- You are the stakeholder on your fields of expertise for transversal projects (involving subsidiaries/BUs, other services from Operations direction or with other Corporate Directions such as R&D), managing some studies and proposing innovative solutions.
- To ensure the role of Process Referent for some identified Engineering projects:
- You contribute to the definition of the Scope of Work, provide the required Process data for the engineering design (including sizing/calculation elements, performance warranties to be met), review and validate engineering drawings (PFD, P&ID), provide necessary Functional Descriptions, assist in the tenders of equipment and take part to commissioning and start-up phasis.
- To ensure a mission of technical / technological survey and a role of training on production processes for newcomers (on request):
- You maintain a technical vigilance about new processes and technologies under development externally and on developments and experience from Group subsidiaries.
- You have a role of trainer on processes for newcomers (Engineers, Technicians) on request and contributes to identify points to be improved and potential training needs on technical or soft skills aspects.
In the frame of Engineering projects, the Process Engineer can be appointed as Single Point Of Contact (SPOC) for Engineering project leader and/or subsidiary. In this role, your contribution is not restricted to your fields of expertise and you will have a role of coordination with peers and centralization of Process Department contribution in the project.
- A Master’s degree / Engineer Degree.
- A Background and a proven work experience (5 to 10 years) in production area (Food / Feed / Pharma / Biotech Production will be a plus).
- A good knowledge in fine chemistry, pharma industry and on Purification unit operations.
- Fluent in English (French is a plus).
- Technical skills on:
- Separation/purification techniques, fluid mechanics, thermic transfer, energy production.
- Food safety in industry.
You are :
- Agile and collaborative, with a Team Player spirit.
- Open-minded and respectful (you like to work on field, in multicultural context, to travel, to coach, …).
- Result oriented, rigorous & organized with a Data analysis/mining approach.
- Good in communication and writing skills.
- Problem solving.
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,7 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 11,000 employees and more than 96 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
Lesaffre – Working together to better nourish and protect the planet.