- Job area
- Research & Development
- Loos, France
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- 3 to 5 years
Lesaffre International R&D is currently based in Loos, France, employs approximately 200 people. Our community grows and seeks for new talent to join our new R&D center and laboratories at Marquette-Lez-Lille (France). As a Technician / Research Assistant, you will integrate a group investigating host and microbe interactions to valorize existing products or discover new bioactives from Lesaffre culture collection of microorganisms. We look for a talent working with passion and able to drive or adapt to the change. Don’t miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and multicultural environment.
A Day in the life of your new job
• Organize your laboratory tasks involving team members and collaborators, oversee and carry out experiments
• Consolidate results and proactively communicate and share them with the scientists and or project managers
• Own experimental expertise and methods and assist your colleagues for implementation and use
• Develop, propose new methodologies & applications, strengthen and or renovate existing methods/methodologies with high quality documentation of your work and discoveries in the forms of written reports, technical presentations, electronic lab notebooks, internal database records and up to date scientific literature
• Coordinate experiments for multiple projects in parallel
• Deliver project objectives according to the project plan
What will make you successful?
• Scientific degree (At least a Bachelor in a relevant life science discipline i.e., Molecular & Cell biology, Biotechnology, Immunology or Microbiology)
• Minimum 3 years of working experience preferably within an industrial environment
• Good experience in assay development is a must with experience in primary human cell manipulation and culture
• Good knowledge in biochemistry and molecular biology (DNA / RNA purification, qPCR, gene silencing, western blotting, ELISA)
• Biostatistics and or programming skills are a plus
• Problem-solving skills and do-it yourself mindset are required
• Good communication, organization and interpersonal skills to work in a dynamic and multicultural center
• Fluency in English (spoken and written) is desired but not mandatory
If you are looking for a genuine opportunity for career and personal development, dream to work in a new laboratory with cutting-edge technologies on digestion to explore nutrition and health sciences, modern & collaborative workspaces with competitive package – don’t wait any longer and contact us.
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,2 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 10,700 employees and more than 85 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 10 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.