- Job area
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- 5 to 10 years
The role you will play
By designing, implementing, and orchestrating the regional planning process for Lesaffre you will play a critical role in tying the dots together in a fast-growing APAC business. As a hands-on planner you will contribute to business topline and bottom-line by demonstrating how good business planning can be a competitive advantage.
Supply Chain Planning
• Lead statistical forecasting exercise, ensure realistic-ness of the numbers after considering promotions and other factors, and arrive at consensus demand plan before submitting in Dynasys.
• Lead gap management discussions by leveraging short to mid-term supply visibility and hold teams accountable to the plans across the forecasting horizon.
• Develop an effective and efficient meeting cadence to collaborate with cross-functional teams (sales, manufacturing, customer service, finance, etc.)
• Be on top of market events that may have significant impact on demand like new contracts, new customers, new product launches, competitor activities, status on product registration/approval, etc.
• Lead the regional S&OP process with all markets, plants across APAC, including products imported from other regions. Use a business lens by looking at quantity, value, and gross profit.
• Work closely with the customer service team and support fulfilment of open orders.
• Be the SPOC for commercial team and liaise with plant teams to mitigate supply risks or backorders. Define right frozen period norms while ensuring customer needs are met in a timely manner.
• Own RCCP and BCP exercises and provide timely insights along with recommendations.
• Study Lesaffre products and customers and develop a differential inventory strategy and corresponding service levels for APAC markets by conducting necessary segmentation exercise from time to time.
• Conduct modelling exercise to come up with re-order point / quantity for APAC plants and customers and bring a scientific approach to inventory planning.
• Drive MOQ discussions and ensure adherence to agreed norms at various levels i.e., RM/PM/FG.
• Oversee SKU phase-in / phase-out process pro-actively and ensure business continuity.
Supply Chain Projects
• Collaborate with global team and lead improvements efforts including both processes and tools such as DP, DRP, MRP, DS, etc. roll-out in the region.
• Lead or support short, mid to long term projects as per evolving business needs.
• Propose and lead continuous improvement initiatives as necessary. Leverage value stream mapping and business process re-engineering with an end-to-end supply chain mindset.
• Support the supply chain team with meaningful insights, process mapping, optimization opportunities and recommend action plans.
• Lead system integration efforts and ensure relevant system across the organization talk to each other in the same language, thereby avoiding any “data mismatches”.
• Manage various KPIs in all areas of supply chain. Ensure accurate and timely reporting of required data and business results with necessary analysis to drive improvements and continuous learning.
• Own master data management for APAC supply chain while working closely with global as well as plant teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain / Business Administration / Management / Engineering.
• 5-10 years of supply chain experience in areas such as demand planning, supply planning, S&OP, inventory management or plant operations.
• Take initiatives, be a hands-on problem solver, and result driven. Willing to roll-up sleeves and resolve issues with a collaborative, “one team” mindset, working closely with all departments.
• Strong in analytics, hands-on, and experienced in using data mining and visualization tools.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
• Experienced in using supply chain software, with proficiency in MS Excel. Being hands-on with SAP, Oracle or Dynasys will be a plus.
• Supply chain certifications such as CPIM, CSCP, etc. are preferred but not mandatory.
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre (www.lesaffre.com), with a €2 billion turnover, and established on all continents, counts 10,700 employees and more than 85 nationalities.
On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners, customers, and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness, and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.