- Job area
- Research & Development
- Human care
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Contract type
- Fix term contract
- 3 to 5 years
Position within the organisation:
- Within the Research & Applications department of Gnosis by Lesaffre
- Report to the Substantiation & Applications Team Manager
The Substantiation & Applications team is responsible for the assessment and substantiation of the efficacy and safety of every ingredients of the commercial range and innovation pipeline of Gnosis by Lesaffre. Our portfolio includes usable nutritional actives, probiotics, and nutritional/functional yeasts obtained by biotransformation and that benefit human wellbeing. This assessment includes design, set-up and follow-up of preclinical and clinical trials. The team is also highly involved in the valorisation of the scientific results through oral and written communications.
The Substantiation & Applications team is working very closely with the Market Managers, providing support to develop promotional materials and answer customers’ requests. An equivalent support is brought to Regulatory Affairs Specialists to complete market access and claims dossiers.
Finally, collaborators of the team are project managers, thus coordinating every aspects of the development of new products as well as multidisciplinary project teams.
In this context, we are opening a position for a Safety Assessment Scientist.
Your main responsibilities would be:
- Coordinate and Manage Project Team responsible to consolidate/strengthen our Knowledge on the Safety on our portfolio of Products
- Collect available internal information and in the literature (search in science & toxicology databases)
- Structure, elaborate and write a “safety book” for each product based on existing internal data
- Work closely with Regulatory Affairs Managers to collect their needs and perform a gap analysis
- Propose/recommend complementary safety/toxicology trials according to this data gap
- Set-up and coordinate identified non-clinical and/or clinical studies with external specialists and CROs
You are a scientist with a high-level scientific background (Master of Science, Pharmacy, Veterinary…) and in toxicology.
You have a deep knowledge and proven experiences of the safety and toxicological environment of products in the field of Nutrition and Food Supplements (non-clinical and clinical studies).
Rigorous, organized, you also show specific skills to analyse, synthetize information and to write scientific reports.
You are fluent in English.
For over 30 years, Lesaffre has been involved in Human Health & Nutrition as part of its ambition to Better Nourish and Protect the Planet. In November 2018, Lesaffre acquired Gnosis Advanced Biotech and officially combined it with Lesaffre Human Care to form a new Business Unit named Gnosis by Lesaffre.
At Gnosis by Lesaffre, we are committed to cultivating and to delivering nutritional actives, probiotics, and nutritional and functional yeasts that benefit human health and wellbeing, thanks to the power of microorganisms and biotransformation processes like fermentation. Put differently, we explore life to improve living.
Our vision: At Gnosis by Lesaffre, we strive for a world that moves better, digests better, ages better, feels better, and, ultimately, lives better thanks to microorganisms and biotransformation.