- Job area
- Research & Development
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
In the context of its ambitious Research and Development program, the Lesaffre Institute for Science and Technology seeks to accelerate developing its Data Analysis capacity. The technological advances in Bioscience, in which Lesaffre is investing, lead to an increase in the amount of data generated and huge increase of experimental throughput. Thus, Lesaffre seeks to reinforce its Data Analysis/statistical team to support the 170 researchers, engineers and technicians of the Lesaffre Institute of Science and Technology with state-of-the art capacities.
The Senior Statistician will join a growing team with several senior and outstanding profiles (Bioinformaticians, Biostatistician, Data Scientists…). The Senior Statistician is a doer with some leadership capacities. She/he will be involved in the multiple and diverse R&D projects that are driven by The Lesaffre Institute for Science and Technology and Lesaffre’s Business Units.
The Lesaffre Institute for Science and Technology (LIST) is located at the brand new Lesaffre International Campus, the “Forum”, a state-of-the-art facility covering 23000 m² and bringing together over 700 employees from Corporate R&D organization and the various business units of the company.
- Develop & Analyze of complex Design of Experiments
- Write and critical review of study documentation on statistics (methodology, sample size calculations, statistical analysis plan, analysis methods, interpretation …)
- Implement (programming) of relevant and well adapted statistical analyses
- Deliverables / Reports of the analyses ensuring quality standards and timelines
- Participate on discussions concerning orientation of future projects, valorization of results …
- Write/participate in the drafting of standard or specific operating procedures related to statistics
- Contribute to the evaluation of the scientific robustness of data generated
- (Co)-animate and contribute to the emergence of a community around data analysis and statistic with the company
- Foster the general improvement of statistical know-how in the Lesaffre Institute for Science and Technology
- Contribute to project, Team and Lesaffre Institute for Science and Technology strategy
- A master or PhD degree in applied statistics in the fields of life sciences or industries
- At least 5 years after initial training/education/studies of relevant experience as a statistician in an industrial environment or in R&D
- Strong experience in Design of Experiment
- Good statistical programming skills (R or python)
- Fluency in English, French is a plus
- Autonomy, excellent organization skills and the ability to identify priorities
- Aspiration for excellence and performance
- Organizing & facilitating trainings on statistics (on DoE for instance)
- Capacity to propose and deploy roadmaps regarding her/his field of expertise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team spirit
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,2 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 11,000 employees and more than 85 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
Lesaffre – Working together to better nourish and protect the planet